Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Our new school (built a year ago) is fantastic. The only thing I hate is way everyone changes their mind. For example, In the old building they started off with open space classrooms (three classes in one room with no walls). They then found it didn't work so they built walls to control it better. But then a new head came and decided, no, he wasn't having it in classrooms, he wanted it open plan. The new school, which cost nearly 54 million to build, now has an open plan design with lots of glass around it and light coming in- very nice, you may think. But in the summer holidays, guess what!? They're putting up walls! To be honest, I can't keep up anymore. But that's not the only change I hate.
    Exam boards, teachers, timetables, classes, tutor groups, subjects, times, head teachers, rules etc are constantly changing, and I can see it's disturbing both students and parents. It's also very confusing... Is anyone else facing loads of change at their school/uni? Does it happen a lot :confused:

Here's the link to the company's website who built our school...
    http://www.kier.co.uk/press-office/p...-05-2011b.aspx
    seriously, they should have designed it better instead of rushing to get it done and bringing in change for everyone, every school year :-(

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.