Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I subscribe to Lex? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm about to subscribe to the student edition of the FT - but it doesn't include the Lex columns?

Who is Lex aimed at? Is it worth me subscribing to it as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sifr)
    I'm about to subscribe to the student edition of the FT - but it doesn't include the Lex columns?

Why are you subscribing to it anyway? The news you need can be found in the business section of the guardian, times and others. Bloomberg, reuters, bbc business podcasts...
    For some reason I always frown upon student wannabes reading the FT...

ReputationRep:
    Lex is ok, for me, the best part of the FT (online edition anyway) is Alphaville, and it's free.

ReputationRep:
    I actually like Lex, they get some interesting ideas, plus they are not afraid of a little humor and cliched puns!

ReputationRep:
    If you're a university student - it may be provided for you. Otherwise, I think perhaps streaming Bloomberg for 15 mins for free is likely to be of more use!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Agree with what the others have said in that lots of good content on the FT is free - i.e Alphaville, beyondbrics etc, so if you pay, you're paying for reporting on news stuff which is available for free on Bloomberg or any other news site etc, and some opinion columns, which are actually quite interesting, but not worth paying for if you're a student (luckily I get free subscription via Uni, but wouldn't pay for it otherwise)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sifr)

I love Lex, it's my favourite FT feature. They generally pick up on some slightly less mainstream companies or some more offbeat elements of well-known ones.

Not sure I'd pay for it alone though. I get a free premium account through work which is nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hedgeman49)
    I love Lex, it's my favourite FT feature. They generally pick up on some slightly less mainstream companies or some more offbeat elements of well-known ones.

Not sure I'd pay for it alone though. I get a free premium account through work which is nice
    I have it free from Uni, however they have it archived and its not as easily accessible like the website, hence i'm willing to pay for the student edition.
    Thanks for the tip!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.