Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Will one night's drinking have a major effect? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've had an almost perfect diet for the last month, no booze, hardly any fast food etc.

Boys want me to go out tonight but I'm worried about the effect drinking will have. I've lost 5kg and got my BMI to around 24 (I know it's not very useful) and I'm on my way to being how I was at the end of primary school - which was normal.

Will drinking beer be detrimental to my weight loss? Or will one night be okay? I probably won't be drinking again for another 20 days or so after tonight.

ReputationRep:
    BMI is very useful for the vast majority of people, if that's what you meant.

To the point, one night is fine. It varies but the beer in my fridge is 109kcal is 375ml so let's say a pint is 165kcal. So 5 pints (obviously not recommending that) is 825kcal. If you are loosing weight you are on a calorie deficit, so say you are loosing 1lbs a week, that's 3500kcal deficit. So in that context 825 isn't all that much, you'll loose less weight so doing it regularly wouldn't be wise but for one week not a big deal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wannabeaca)
    I've had an almost perfect diet for the last month, no booze, hardly any fast food etc.

Boys want me to go out tonight but I'm worried about the effect drinking will have. I've lost 5kg and got my BMI to around 24 (I know it's not very useful) and I'm on my way to being how I was at the end of primary school - which was normal.

Will drinking beer be detrimental to my weight loss? Or will one night be okay? I probably won't be drinking again for another 20 days or so after tonight.
    It'll be useful to go out with the lads and let go. Once in 20 days should be more than fine.

Remember, having fun and occasionally letting go is good for your health too, releases stress and whatnot. I say go out with the lads, enjoy yourself *responsibly* and continue with ur routine. You should feel great.

ReputationRep:
    No.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    no only thing i can say is may effect your workouts for the following 2-3 days . Go have fun mate.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys, I'm going, don't worry

ReputationRep:
    It's a lifestyle change mate, the only thing that'll **** things up is if you fall out of your routine. I imagine you won't be able to eat much tomorrow anyway so that should create a tidy equilibrium

ReputationRep:
    You've got to have some pleasure in life every now and then.

ReputationRep:
    Careful with the J-bombs, they're over 200cal each.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.