Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is anybody here going to be studying English at Bolton this september? After much debate and visits to a couple of places, I am pretty sure this is the one i'll be applying for through clearing.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    (Original post by Moondreamer)
    Is anybody here going to be studying English at Bolton this september? After much debate and visits to a couple of places, I am pretty sure this is the one i'll be applying for through clearing.
    Hi Moondreamer,

I am happy you enjoyed the University when you visited and I am glad to hear you are seriously considering us as a choice or hopefully have already at this point!

How have you got on with your clearing application for English?

Do you need any help or do you have any questions?

Thank you,

Aimee

Let's work together - University of Bolton

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by University of Bolton)
    Hi Moondreamer,

I am happy you enjoyed the University when you visited and I am glad to hear you are seriously considering us as a choice or hopefully have already at this point!

How have you got on with your clearing application for English?

Do you need any help or do you have any questions?

Thank you,

Aimee

Hi Aimee
    Thank you for your reply. I haven't applied just yet but am going to very soon.
    I can't think of any questions right now, i am just super nervous!

ReputationRep:
    Hi Moondreamer,

It is natural to feel nervous but I am sure once you arrive and get settled in you will enjoy yourself!

Are you waiting for your results before you apply?

Aimee

ReputationRep:
    No, i did my A-levels a few years ago and a national diploma a couple of years ago (I am 25)
    Thank you. Bolton seems like a very friendly university.

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I hope you had a lovely weekend.

I would be happy to speak with you today and get you started in the clearing process before all the A-level students get their results on Thursday.

My telephone number is: 01204 903030 - Just ask to speak with Aimee Smith in the Marketing and Recruitment department.

We are a friendly University, we aim to provide a personalised experience within classes by offering smaller class sizes and one to one personal tutorials which mean we can be specific to your needs whilst teaching.

Aimee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moondreamer)
    I'm going to be doing English and creative writing at Bolton this year are you staying in halls?

ReputationRep:
    Please, whatever you do, do not choose this university. It is extremely poor quality, is the subject of numerous complaints, and was voted worst in the country in 2012. Look on the profile (edited by someone with a grievance against the University, it would appear) - they don't even know the first thing about grammar! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...sity_of_Bolton

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/...ry_says_guide/

Years later, no improvement (not surprising as the vice-chancellor made ridiculous excuses in the aforementioned article instead of committing to improve things): http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/...onths/?ref=rss

You could still chance it, you might be one of the lucky ones, but if you still have time I'd suggest Salford University or one of the Manchester universities.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Hollyhocks! No, i will be living at home as i live in wigan. I hope you enjoy your course. Maybe i will see you around.

PJ- I appreciate the advice and have been around Salford and a couple of other places but then i went to bolton and met the english tutor who was absolutely lovely and a smaller university will suit me very well. Bolton seems like a very friendly and supportive environment and as long as i get my degree and manage to make a couple of friends, i am content.

ReputationRep:
    Hi

My name is Raz and I am second year student here in university of bolton

I love it here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone

My name is Simi and I'm a second year student here in University of Bolton and I have a friend studying English here and he really enjoys it. He loves studying every aspect of it, but he has said to me it is hard work, but in the end it is worth it and he currently wants to go on to be a teacher.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.