Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey

I am seriously considering starting my own business.

I am thinking of starting an online shop full of a variety of nail polish brands but I don't know where to begin or exactly how to start.

I know that starting a business is a lot of work.

Any tips?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i just saw your post , and Im thinking of starting my own on-line business too since its summer time now, I'd say you'd have to decide what you like and know will sell well, for me im thinking of selling electronics

ReputationRep:
    Sorry this message is so late, but if you are still planning to start your own business then PM me and I will help you as much as I can. I just need confirmation that you are still planning to do this. If you have already strated then congratulations

ReputationRep:
    Advice.....LEARN ADVERTISING!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps e cigarettes/ e liquids are a good market to go for? But nail polish might work...

ReputationRep:
    I started a business named www.stylefierce.co.uk during my International Fashion degree at the University. What I did was to use the many resources the University offered as an advantage e.g. photography, videography and knowledge from tutors who had previously started a business. Many schools and Universities even have funding in place for new businesses and if they don't, they can help you to find the right funding.If you want to start a business you will need to plan your time effectively and if you are studying courses that are related to your business e.g. accounting, then you can use these courses to plan your business.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, if you need tips and help with training let me know privatly and i will rely to you/.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katienelsonj)
    I started a business named www.stylefierce.co.uk during my International Fashion degree at the University. What I did was to use the many resources the University offered as an advantage e.g. photography, videography and knowledge from tutors who had previously started a business. Many schools and Universities even have funding in place for new businesses and if they don't, they can help you to find the right funding.If you want to start a business you will need to plan your time effectively and if you are studying courses that are related to your business e.g. accounting, then you can use these courses to plan your business.
    how did you set up your own website?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Marketing,Sales ad PR Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.