The Student Room Group

What are the entrry requirements for AAT Accoutning or is there not any ?

I have led to believe there is none
Original post by graham1472

From what I remember from when I was researching into the AAT a few years ago, there aren't any entry requirements for the first stage of the AAT, however after that, each new stage has a pre-requisite that is the previous stage (i.e. you must complete stage 1 to move onto stage 2, complete stage 2 to move onto stage 3 etc.).

After that, it's just financials to worry about.

Hi, Thank you for your query.

There shouldn't any specific requirements to start your AAT.

I know that many providers/colleges that offer AAT qualifications/Apprenticeships ask for GCSE's C and Above which includes English and Maths. This is to start you off at Level 2 AAT or Level 3 AAT.

You can find lots of opportunities to study AAT on the Apprenticeships website. www.apprenticeships.org.uk and through your local college.

Kind Regards,

Mark
Hey,

There are entry requirements for the AAT qualifications which our AAT training providers will set but there are various levels of the accounting qualification aimed at people with or without accounting experience and after September we will even have a course designed for school leavers in the Level 1 Certificate in Accounting.

Have you taken our online skillcheck at all?

Natasha :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by AAT Advisor
Hey,

There are entry requirements for the AAT qualifications which our AAT training providers will set but there are various levels of the accounting qualification aimed at people with or without accounting experience and after September we will even have a course designed for school leavers in the Level 1 Certificate in Accounting.

I have taken the skillcheck, will my local training providor help me find an apprenticeship, also, the skillscheck says I'm on Level 2, finally can you do AAt without an apprenticeship if I dont find an apprenticeship if you know what I mean ?

Thanks
I have taken the skillcheck, will my local training providor help me find an apprenticeship, also, the skillscheck says I'm on Level 2, finally can you do AAt without an apprenticeship if I dont find an apprenticeship if you know what I mean ?

Thanks

Hi Graham1472,

Okay brilliant, yes you can study the Accounting Qualification in a classroom or via an online distance learning method if you like. You do not need to study the AAT within an apprenticeship.

Whether you need to pay for the course or whether you can potentially get funding will depend on your age and what level of education you are currently at.

If you have a look at our website you can order a student information pack to see the various ways to study and we also have information available on funding on our website too.

If you'd like to speak to someone here in the student recruitment office you can call between 9.00 and 17.00 on 0207 397 3002 otherwise if you can let me know how old you are I can see what options there may be for you.

(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by AAT Advisor
Hey,

I did Level 3 AAT and now I'm moving onto level 4. But it's going to cost me more than £1000. But that's money I haven't got as I turned 19. So thought I will try finding a higher apprenticeship because then I don't have to pay and I can gain experience but there are very limited higher apprenticeships. Do you have any advice. I really want to gain the experience but can't find a place to do it. I also have A levels. But still makes no difference because I got no experience.
Original post by qr95
I did Level 3 AAT and now I'm moving onto level 4. But it's going to cost me more than £1000. But that's money I haven't got as I turned 19. So thought I will try finding a higher apprenticeship because then I don't have to pay and I can gain experience but there are very limited higher apprenticeships. Do you have any advice. I really want to gain the experience but can't find a place to do it. I also have A levels. But still makes no difference because I got no experience.

Hi qr95,

i'd suggest potentially taking a look at the national apprenticeship service website to see for any higher apprenticeships, otherwise as you have already started studying the AAT you can contact our membership support team for more advice on 0207 397 3001. I work in the student recruitment team and so have limited knowledge with regard to further study options but the membership support team should be able to advise you further.

(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending