Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm still not over him, someone please tell me what to do. Watch

Me and my ex were together for around 6 months, he was the first and only guy I've slept with. We've been apart for just under a year now but we have slept together a few times and I know he's slept with 2 other girls since. He knows I still love him and no matter what happens between us, I feel like I want to stay loyal to him even though I dunno how he feels. At the moment we contact each other occasionally but I miss him a lot but I keep it hidden. He gets jealous if he ever sees me talking to other guys too.

I'm just so fed up of feeling this way and I wanna get over him and find someone who I know likes me for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Me and my ex were together for around 6 months, he was the first and only guy I've slept with. We've been apart for just under a year now but we have slept together a few times and I know he's slept with 2 other girls since. He knows I still love him and no matter what happens between us, I feel like I want to stay loyal to him even though I dunno how he feels. At the moment we contact each other occasionally but I miss him a lot but I keep it hidden. He gets jealous if he ever sees me talking to other guys too.

I'm just so fed up of feeling this way and I wanna get over him and find someone who I know likes me for me.

Date a black guy called Mandemwale and make him well jel

(Original post by TheAnusFiles)
    Date a black guy called Mandemwale and make him well jel
    Haha, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    You need to cut contact. None of this "ocassional" thing. You shouldn't know what he is doing, and he sure as hell shouldn't know what you are doing, let alone getting jealous. It's not good for you to stay in touch if it is making you feel upset. He can sleep with other girls, but you can't speak to guys.

STOP TALKING TO HIM. I'm not saying it's not hard, but it's worth it, and it's possible.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, thanks!
    Or date a handsome, sophisticated, well-endowed guy called Jay and make him jel

(Original post by stargirl63)
    You need to cut contact. None of this "ocassional" thing. You shouldn't know what he is doing, and he sure as hell shouldn't know what you are doing, let alone getting jealous. It's not good for you to stay in touch if it is making you feel upset. He can sleep with other girls, but you can't speak to guys.

STOP TALKING TO HIM. I'm not saying it's not hard, but it's worth it, and it's possible.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:

This isn't gonna happen if you still see eachother! And you have no reason to "stay loyal" to him.
    If you want to get over him your best bet is to completely cut contact, at the moment you know exactly what he's doing and you guys still talk, you're not allowing yourself to move on

ReputationRep:
    You will never get over him if you still keep in contact. The best thing to do would be to find someone else. This doesn't have to be straight away as you should enjoy a little freedom while you still have it. But if you want to move on then you need to forget about your ex altogether.

ReputationRep:
    Stop talking to him

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

i think you shouldn't hold onto what you two have. you probably feel attached to him because he was your 'first' and you were together for a long time. he's clearly not serious, if he's sleeping with other girls and comes back to you. i don't think you should sleep with him if he's been about with other girls. also let him get jealous when you talk to other guys, like you are with him and other girls. talk to him if you think something can be done about your relationship however you may still be young and there will definitely be someone better for you.

Thanks everyone for their advice. I've tried the whole no contact thing several times and it's like we always end up speaking again or something happens and we end up seeing each other on a night out or whatever and then he'll text me the next day asking how my night was and stuff.
    At the moment I'm quite certain I don't wanna speak to him again, but I dunno how it'll go.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone for their advice. I've tried the whole no contact thing several times and it's like we always end up speaking again or something happens and we end up seeing each other on a night out or whatever and then he'll text me the next day asking how my night was and stuff.
    At the moment I'm quite certain I don't wanna speak to him again, but I dunno how it'll go.
    You need to stick to it. Change your number, ignore him when you go out. He deliberately texts you because he doesn't want you to be over him. Get yourself out and don't go back. There's plenty of people who have mutual friends with their ex, that doesn't mean that they speak. During nights out, clubs are huge, you don't need to be anywhere near him, especially not close enough that he recognises you among your friends. Do whatever you need, but this is unhealthy for you.

ReputationRep:

I know exactly how you feel. I was the same for over a year! I felt like it was wrong of me to date anyone else just incase!

I am over it now though. One day I sat down and wrote down all the things I wanted to say to my ex and how I was feeling. Then I said to my self F**k it he is not worth my time anymore! Everytime I though about it after that I just had to tell my self he was a total idiot and I deserved better. Eventually that seemed to work. I stopped thinking about how much I missed him because I concentrated on all of the bad things.

Main thing is to look after your self! You dont have to go and date someone else to prove you are over him. Just have some you time! Do things you enjoy for a while

It does take time, but reminding your self of the bad bits makes it much faster!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.