Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else doing the same course or anything similar at the University of Hertfordshire?

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for Interactive Media Design, if you consider that similar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reubster)
    Is anyone else doing the same course or anything similar at the University of Hertfordshire?
    ye 3d game art / animation / blah blah. (long list)

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for that course! Just waiting for them to confirm my place :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Music Comp & Tech too! But not for Film & Games.

ReputationRep:
    Im doing film production, so will probably be coming to your department for music for my films hahaa XD

ReputationRep:
    Great, thanks for the replies, I got accepted, so I hope to see anyone else in this group who has

ReputationRep:
    Great, thanks for the replies, I got accepted, so I hope to see anyone else in this group who has
    My place is confirmed! Can't wait to start :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My place for this course is also confirmed, will be seeing you guys soon!

ReputationRep:
    hows it been guys? im seriously considering the 'Music Composition and Technology for Film and Games' course, first impressions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ganymede321)
    hows it been guys? im seriously considering the 'Music Composition and Technology for Film and Games' course, first impressions?
    I am really enjoying the course. We had plenty of assignments to do in the first semester and there's a variety of modules. (Essay writing, Sibelius, piano composition, group video game assignment, sampling assignment, and a couple of others!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh that's brilliant! My only concern is the job opportunities at the end of the course, being an international student, that's what my parents are kinda worried about. It sounds great though and I'm happy for you! Thank you for replying, just let me know how it's going from time to time yeah? Ooh one more quick question, how many students are doing the course?

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm doing the course and I'm in second year now
    It's alot of fun actually, you learn to look at films and games in a more analytical way, the lecturer's are really friendly and willing to help and alot of them, if you show interest, have contacts that they can pass on to you so you can begin to network. The uni offers plenty of networking events and masterclasses but actual job opportunities advertisements are quite rare for this particular course at uni. I suggest making an opportunity or of everything, if there's a masterclass try to speak to the presenter and give them your business card, network at networking events, get in touch with your lecturers, network with the visual arts students. There are film and games students, get to know them and collaborate, build a portfolio and gain experience and set yourself apart
    Now that the positives are there, the negatives mostly include really bad organisation of the time table, so try to have some patience if you accept, I've been to another uni before this and though the organisation here is ****ty sometimes, it's better than alot of other places. I don't know how you are for theory and orchestration but don't worry too much if it's your not your strongest aspect, just heed my warning, pay close attention to all the theory **** in first year and Youll be fine.
    In first year we started out with about 35 students and we're down to about 15 regular students either because they failed or found the course did not cater completely to them.
    At the end of the day uni is about what You as an individual learn and the opportunities you create for yourself. But all in all its a great course and I've learnt SO much from people who have actually worked in the industry and are not afraid to tell you about the real world.
    Enjoy, and hopefully I'll see you around in September

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.