Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Finance for retaking the first year? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Having failed my first year, I have been offered to retake the year to complete the 5 modules that I have failed. However this will come at a cost of £3375.

Due to my failure my father has decided to no longer fund me through university leaving the housing and all other costs on my shoulders.

My question is whether or not Student Finance will fund me for my tuition fees or must I pay for this out of my own pocket?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    Having failed my first year, I have been offered to retake the year to complete the 5 modules that I have failed. However this will come at a cost of £3375.

Due to my failure my father has decided to no longer fund me through university leaving the housing and all other costs on my shoulders.

My question is whether or not Student Finance will fund me for my tuition fees or must I pay for this out of my own pocket?
    If you haven't studied at university prior to this degree then they will fund the tuition fees for you. However unless your repeat year is full time they won't give you any maintenance loan or grant and given most universities charge £8-9k for full time fees it doesn't sound like it to me.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.