The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Zarek
Flirting doesn't stop dead when you're in a relationship generally.

What do you think about the girls in my OP? Is that normal flirting?

Original post by Jebedee
Because they're currently in the market for an upgrade. The second they mention having a boyfriend is the second you know that you screwed up the interaction somewhere along the line.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is #2 girl in my OP trying to block me to keep control of me? What to do, it seems to be working, as in I keep thinking about what she did..
Try and keep away from those girls, they are crushing your game. Tell them to stfu around other girls or you won't speak to them again.
Reply 102
Original post by Spock's Socks
I think sometimes its because when you have been in a relationship for so long, sometimes you take each other for granted and fail to see the little things in each other but other people eyeing you up can notice them and girls in that state do like to be reminded of their good points and like the attention.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know people like compliments, but is it right for girl #1 to omit the fact she is engaged when I am so obviously flirtily complimenting her? And is it right for girl #2 to actively try and almost seduce me with her feet and in addition block me from meeting a crush in order she have a backup boyfriend to give her attention and make her feel good?

Original post by MancBoy
The most likely reason is for the attention. Most girls would do anything for some male atrention and self validation.

This is why you see women who are married going out clubbing mainly to boost their egos and to show they still 'have it'.

The other reason is to monkey branch I.e keeping other guys as a backup just in case anything goes wrong.

What can I do about girl #2? in my OP!

Original post by Spock's Socks
Yeah I imagine one of the biggest reasons some taken girls lead on other guys is because they are bored of their current relationship. There's likely to be lots of other reasons too.

But is it normal/right to tease me with her feet like that? Girl #2 in my OP seems a bit nuts. Also she is actively blocking me from meeting another girl. I am single, and girl #2 has a bf already! So she wants me as a backup, so stops me from meeting anyone?

Original post by Daniellejo.
Why do guys sometimes get the wrong impression?

I get told I'm flirty without even realising it. I mean the other week I was told that the way I was standing was trying to be sexy, I was just leaning against the door!

Please see what girl #2 in my OP did. Is this me getting the wrong impression?

Original post by flatmatetrouble
Let me rephrase this for you. A girl from another course, who is really friendly with a lot of people, was friendly towards you. Later you found out she has a boyfriend.

Let me ask you a more appropriate quesiton, why do you think that girls being friendly and nice is them leading you on?

:rolleyes:

Look girl #1 was more than just friendly, she also asked to meet me privately.
Girl #2 in my OP has been way more than friendly. I mean my other female friends have never given me a sample footjob! Nor have they actively blocked me from meeting other girls. Please tell me your thoughts on my OP.
Reply 103
Original post by Jebedee
Try and keep away from those girls, they are crushing your game. Tell them to stfu around other girls or you won't speak to them again.

Trying. I think I'm too nice to tell them to stfu. I feel like telling girl #2 to either bang me or leave me alone. I don't know why she is doing this. Does she fancy me?

I have been avoiding her and trying to flirt with other girls without her being a nuisance. I don't know how to meet my crush though. Ideas? Please see my OP.
Reply 104
Original post by nohomo
Some guys are admittedly like that, but some girls blatantly lead people on, then laugh at them with a large group of friends when they show an interest :angry:

So girl 1 is using me for a laugh and girl 2 is using me for...?

Original post by CryptoidAlien
She didn't lead you on, guys get the wrong impression. Some guys seem to think if a girl smiles at you she wants to get you in bed and take your shoes off.

I think girl 1 should have mentioned she was engaged though. Why did she flirt back and ask me for coffee? What do you make of girl 2 in my OP? Also see point 3 I made. Thoughts?

Original post by Freudian Slip
Smiling is leading someone on now...?

Goodness knows how I'm gonna break it off with those people I politely greeted today. :lolwut:

But girl #2/3 didn't just smile. She put her foot on my crotch. Is that normal? Also, why actively block me from meeting a girl I like on her course?

Original post by Elitegamer95
Maybe they play games each other?
Maybe she's naive and doesn't know what she's doing?
Or maybe she gets a kick out of it?

What I do know is it's not gender specific and good communication skills wouldn't go awry.

What do you make of girl #2 in my OP?

Original post by Joan5626
In all honesty, girls like it when guys pay them compliments. (this is coming from a girl just so you know) But just because we smile a lot around you, laugh at your jokes, pay you compliments and act polite around you, doesnt mean that we're leading you on. Some of us are just really nice and friendly ok? Notice I said "some".

I know I have loads of nice female friends. I am a bit annoyed about girl 1, but hey, maybe she wanted some validation that she's still hot, which she is no doubt. What do you make of girl #2 in my post? She actively seems to block me speaking to other girls and also put her feet on my crotch. Also she seems intent to block me meeting a specific girl on her course whom I like.

Original post by Ndella
Since they consider themselves attractive enough to get a boyfriend, the single guy is a backup man.

So what can I do about girl #2? Is she trying to control me in some weird fetish as a backup guy? And what does girl #1 want? She is engaged!
Reply 105
Original post by Jebedee

Advice specifically for girl 1 and girl 2 in my OP?
Reply 106
Original post by Joan5626
Maybe you guys are really good friends and she wants you to feel good about yourself?

Either that, or she misses her long distance boyfriend, and you are just her temporary "plaything", as bad as that may sound.

I suppose since you've never objected to what she does around you, she assumes that you're ok with it. I guess your best bet is to talk to her gently about it, and/or tell her to stop (if it really makes you uncomfortable). Or you could make it clear in certain ways like your actions and the way you speak and text, that you two are just friends, nothing more.

So what do I say/do about girl #2? She has got inside my fantasies somehow. See my OP.

Original post by Norin
Some say i do that but i an just the flirty type that gets along with most, would never do that if was currently going out with somebody.

What do I do about girl #2?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 107
Original post by kunoichi
Use fb to find her, then this girl has no way of interrupting that.

Next time she does something like rub her feet on you 'just give her a wierd stare and say 'dont you have a bf?'
Even if you enjoy the attention, think how the poor guy would feel if he knew. Or even worse for you, if he finds out you just let it happen then you may have an angry bf to deal with.
She sounds like a bitch tbh, i'd never act whilst in a relationship.

Is it all right to use FB to talk to a girl I've never met though?

I didn't ask her to put her feet on me! I admit, it felt so good and now I can't get this girl out of my head. Maybe that was her plan? She is a bit of a bitch yes.

Advice on what to do? I've been avoiding her so far this week.
Reply 108
Original post by Foo.mp3
Unless someone is pointing a gun at your head, in this life there is little that should "worry" you, as a man

I would have it out with her

Find another way to meet the girl and/or just crack onto others

Haaa very true.

I might thrash it out with her to be honest. I've been avoiding her for now.

I'll try and find another way. I don't want to cold approach the girl on facebook. I have been meeting others in the mean time. But seriously this crush is like a model, she's so hot. And from what I've heard is very nice.
to answer the question quite generally girls flirt with guys for fun, as an ego boost, or without realizing. Simply Innocent flirting doesn't suggest any intentions. Girls in relationships flirt outrageously with guys who they assume/know are gay (because it's fun). If I was you I'de be careful you haen't gien off that impression. Its a really crap mistake for a girl to make.
To be more specific to your girls. Girl 1 hasn't let you on, she probably likes her fiance enough to be oblivious to your advances. It seems to me as if she is treating you the same way as she would treat a female friend (I do this). Its normal for girls to be just friends with guys. I'm engaged but go shopping with my (straight) male friend and have eben slept up his house because I know he has no romantic interest in me. I'e also gone out for drinks with other male friends.
Girl 2 on the other hand probably likes you and gets jealous when other girls talk to you as she feels threatened. She may be interested in cheating on her bf, or is keeping you as back-up. Or she likes you and her boyfriend, intends to stay with her bf, but wants you to stay single so she doesn't get jealous lol.
Reply 110
Original post by CocoBandicoot
to answer the question quite generally girls flirt with guys for fun, as an ego boost, or without realizing. Simply Innocent flirting doesn't suggest any intentions. Girls in relationships flirt outrageously with guys who they assume/know are gay (because it's fun). If I was you I'de be careful you haen't gien off that impression. Its a really crap mistake for a girl to make.
To be more specific to your girls. Girl 1 hasn't let you on, she probably likes her fiance enough to be oblivious to your advances. It seems to me as if she is treating you the same way as she would treat a female friend (I do this). Its normal for girls to be just friends with guys. I'm engaged but go shopping with my (straight) male friend and have eben slept up his house because I know he has no romantic interest in me. I'e also gone out for drinks with other male friends.
Girl 2 on the other hand probably likes you and gets jealous when other girls talk to you as she feels threatened. She may be interested in cheating on her bf, or is keeping you as back-up. Or she likes you and her boyfriend, intends to stay with her bf, but wants you to stay single so she doesn't get jealous lol.

Thanks for this. Appreciate advice on girls!

Okay fair enough for girl 1. She seems to have only given her number to me out of all the males on our course though.

With regards to girl 2. So you think she might like me? She must be jealous if she keeps interrupting me. Thing is when she rubbed her feet on me, I have started fantasising about her. I didn't before that. But I really want to meet this crush girl, and girl 2 seems adamant to stop it. Trouble is I sort of need her help to meet her. How do I deal with girl 2? Thing is I don't want to be her backup or under her control. I wouldn't want to date her. It's only after her flirty touching that I have thought about her in a sexual way. I am also disappointed that she has evaded to mention she has a boyfriend. We were always platonic friends anyhow. Is she trying to seduce me and keep me thinking about her? It seems to be working... what do I do?

Advice? I keep imagining her sucking her finger.
Reply 111
Original post by slade p
because they are a bit loose in the first place and they like the feeling of other men wanting them, and getting kicks out of flirting with them knowing that they're with another guy.

What do you think about girl #2 in my OP? The things she is doing.. I keep imagining her giving me a bj.

Original post by yo radical one
It's your fault not hers, she is fun and nice so you like her, you should not get attached so easily. Of course, it's different if you actually do become close in which case you should be loyal, but you were clearly nowhere near

What do you think about girl #2 in my OP?
Reply 112
You see and I think:

'Why does every guy I have a conversation with thinks I want to get it on?!'

By 3rd year of uni I figured out that every time I start a conversation with a guy I need to mention I have a boyfriend. I am so relieved when they reciprocate by talking about their girlfriend. Seriously, 1st year of uni I felt so lonely because I get on best with guys, but it turned out they thought there was more going on there than friendship.

Now needless to say I am mostly friends with girls and just a few guys.
Original post by pshah2
Thanks for this. Appreciate advice on girls!

Okay fair enough for girl 1. She seems to have only given her number to me out of all the males on our course though.

With regards to girl 2. So you think she might like me? She must be jealous if she keeps interrupting me. Thing is when she rubbed her feet on me, I have started fantasising about her. I didn't before that. But I really want to meet this crush girl, and girl 2 seems adamant to stop it. Trouble is I sort of need her help to meet her. How do I deal with girl 2? Thing is I don't want to be her backup or under her control. I wouldn't want to date her. It's only after her flirty touching that I have thought about her in a sexual way. I am also disappointed that she has evaded to mention she has a boyfriend. We were always platonic friends anyhow. Is she trying to seduce me and keep me thinking about her? It seems to be working... what do I do?

Advice? I keep imagining her sucking her finger.

Yeah, first I would check she still has this boyfriend, as however unlikely she may actually be on the rebound. Otherwise she just sounds like a bitch, which you should steer as far away as possible from. Don't worry about the fantasies they don't mean much.
As for crush girl your going to have to find another way to get talking to her. If you could just casually bump into her and start a conversation in a mutual public place, you could add her on social media from there, and talking will be a lot less awkward.
Soem girls do like the attention. Others, like me, either really don't get it OR we suspect something is going on but we're too scared to say "are you flirting? I'm not comfortable with that" because it could get very embarrassing if you're just being nice.
Original post by Jebedee
Because they're currently in the market for an upgrade. The second they mention having a boyfriend is the second you know that you screwed up the interaction somewhere along the line.

Posted from TSR Mobile

100% True
Reply 116
Original post by Yemiisii
100% True

Explain?
Reply 117
Original post by RachaelBee
Soem girls do like the attention. Others, like me, either really don't get it OR we suspect something is going on but we're too scared to say "are you flirting? I'm not comfortable with that" because it could get very embarrassing if you're just being nice.

Understood. Thanks for this. With regards to girl #2 in my OP, what do you think? Am I in the wrong here?

Original post by Sashari
You see and I think:

'Why does every guy I have a conversation with thinks I want to get it on?!'

By 3rd year of uni I figured out that every time I start a conversation with a guy I need to mention I have a boyfriend. I am so relieved when they reciprocate by talking about their girlfriend. Seriously, 1st year of uni I felt so lonely because I get on best with guys, but it turned out they thought there was more going on there than friendship.

Now needless to say I am mostly friends with girls and just a few guys.

Thanks. Look I get some guys are like that, but I don't assume every girl is 'into me'. What do you think about girl #2 in my OP? She also did points 3 and 4.
Original post by pshah2
Explain?

Cba
Reply 119
Original post by CocoBandicoot
Yeah, first I would check she still has this boyfriend, as however unlikely she may actually be on the rebound. Otherwise she just sounds like a bitch, which you should steer as far away as possible from. Don't worry about the fantasies they don't mean much.
As for crush girl your going to have to find another way to get talking to her. If you could just casually bump into her and start a conversation in a mutual public place, you could add her on social media from there, and talking will be a lot less awkward.

I found out she has a boyfriend from a mutual friend and also her coursemates. She hasn't told me this. So I don't think she is on the rebound. She seems to be deliberately messing me around. Do you think it's to stop me from meeting crush girl? I will try and talk to her if I meet her casually. Trouble is she is in a different course building which I don't have access to. Guess I could try and tailgate my way in, but my campus feels like a big town itself!

Am I restricted to just hoping I would meet crush girl? Glad to know that the fantasies not meaning much. I agree, I think I only think about her because she literally rubbed her foot on my crotch. I would much rather meet a nice girl like the crush and ask her out.

I think I might avoid and gradually unfriend my female friend. She does seem to be a bit of a **tch. What do you think?

Latest

Trending

Trending