The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by anniechan514
Mine was about the toroidal universe, the different shapes of it + exploring the rates of change of it :smile:

Could you please explain to me more about what do you mean by exploring the rates of change of it? This is very important for me, please.
Original post by anniechan514
Mine was about the toroidal universe, the different shapes of it + exploring the rates of change of it :smile:

Can you please elaborate, I made the mistake of making mine on the shape of the
universe and got lost trying to find math for it.
You can find some examples/samples here: ibessays.org/samples
Check out ibessays.org/samples or IB's official website! Maybe consider the Monty Hall problem or population modeling.
Hey I really need some help for the Math Exploration, and I think your idea is superb. Would you mind emailing me your IA or providing some help? I would really appreciate wither one:smile:
hey! i did math SL in french, but in case the idea appeals to anyone (because i thought it was cool lol), i did my IA on Kepler's first and second laws of planetary motion :smile: i invented an orbit (just to be able to exaggerate the ellipse), did some stuff on a spreadsheet and got a distance travelled-time equation for it that i then differentiated to show the impact of the elliptical-ness of the orbit on the sleed! i got a pretty decent 18/20 on it if anyone would like to read my report (i was told i lost most of my points by not elaborating on the exactitude of my data... just be warned, it is in french!) and i know what i would have liked to improve (ie using a trig function if possible) so i can offer some guidance on that particular subject if anyone is interested :smile: good luck guys!
Reply 46
I read the blog a couple minutes ago. I am actually doing the same thing with you for my IA and using polynomial regression as well. If it's fine for you, can you please share your paper so that I can have a better vision for my IA? I would really appreciate it.Thanks in advance
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by tenorblizzard
I got 20/20 on mine. It was about how to calculate the length of a road. It turned out to be an application of polynomial regression and arc length.
To score highly, find a problem and find the most mathematical way to solve a problem. Connecting concepts from different topics is also appreciated.

hey! i am currently working on a similar topic. can you please send me your IA for better understanding?

Latest

Trending

Trending