Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I could use some help!

I applied for accommodation a little later than most because I did not realise I got an email telling me to apply when I got accepted for my course, so I applied a month late but I don't think this is an issue, however I still haven't heard back from my application.

I contacted Teeside just under a month ago to ensure that they got my application and they said yes and they are processing it all. A few weeks later and I still received nothing so I sent them an email asking if I should have further information by now, they told me to wait it out and be patient.

It's getting quite close to term start and I still haven't heard back from them. I've been reading about on here and it seems like everyone is getting confirmation about the accommodation, I'm starting to get really worried.

What should I do?

ReputationRep:
    Which accom. did you apply for? I don't know that everyone has heard back yet. Did you not even get told which you would be in? I don't mean room number etc, just confirmation that you have a place somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlphaDog0127)
    Which accom. did you apply for? I don't know that everyone has heard back yet. Did you not even get told which you would be in? I don't mean room number etc, just confirmation that you have a place somewhere.
    Haven't heard anything apart from this:

Dear ....

Thank you for submitting your accommodation application. Your choices have been noted.
    1. King Edward's Square Single
    2. Parkside Hall Single
    3. Woodland Hall
    4. Parkside Village
    5. University Managed Housing
    6. King Edward's Square Shared Bedroom
    7. Parkside Hall Shared Bedroom

We will contact you with details of your accommodation offer in due course.

Thats the last I heard of it, and that was a few months ago. :/

ReputationRep:
    I was told accom. is first come first serve, so if you filled the application after the deadline then they're probably filling everyone elses out first and then you get whatever is left over. Sorry You might end up sharing a room with someone lol

ReputationRep:
    I was told accom. is first come first serve, so if you filled the application after the deadline then they're probably filling everyone elses out first and then you get whatever is left over. Sorry You might end up sharing a room with someone lol
    I seriously hope not. :/

But I'll definitely get a place somewhere right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiallB96)
    I seriously hope not. :/

But I'll definitely get a place somewhere right?
    They've acknowledged your application so I should think you'd be placed somewhere. You could always try phoning the Uni to chase it up and see if they're just waiting to see what spaces are left over for you to go in. I do remember reading on an older Teesside thread that someone was in a similar position to you and ended up sharing with someone who was a little...odd.

ReputationRep:
    They've acknowledged your application so I should think you'd be placed somewhere. You could always try phoning the Uni to chase it up and see if they're just waiting to see what spaces are left over for you to go in. I do remember reading on an older Teesside thread that someone was in a similar position to you and ended up sharing with someone who was a little...odd.
    I sent them an email a few days ago and they haven't messaged me back yet, I hope to receive a response by tomorrow, if not I will give them a ring.

I'm a very introverted person, I like space and like being on my own mostly so I think that having a shared room will really bring me down a bit.

ReputationRep:
    I sent them an email a few days ago and they haven't messaged me back yet, I hope to receive a response by tomorrow, if not I will give them a ring.

I'm a very introverted person, I like space and like being on my own mostly so I think that having a shared room will really bring me down a bit.
    From my experience they only answer emails on weekdays, not weekends. Even if you did have to share in the end, people always drop out of courses after a couple months so rooms would free up to move into

ReputationRep:
    From my experience they only answer emails on weekdays, not weekends. Even if you did have to share in the end, people always drop out of courses after a couple months so rooms would free up to move into
    Thanks for the help and advice, I really appreciate it.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the help and advice, I really appreciate it.
    No problem, what course are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    No problem, what course are you doing?
    Computer Games Programming, I'm really nervous about going, there's been quite a lot of hiccups during my application and financial process.

What about you?

ReputationRep:
    OP

conditional or unconditional offer ?

if you are on a conditional offer they may not do a deal more until they know you are coming.

sharing / temp accomodation is often short term as there are allways no-shows ...

ReputationRep:
    Computer Games Programming, I'm really nervous about going, there's been quite a lot of hiccups during my application and financial process.

What about you?
    I'm doing the games/animation foundation year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zippyRN)
    OP

conditional or unconditional offer ?

if you are on a conditional offer they may not do a deal more until they know you are coming.

sharing / temp accomodation is often short term as there are allways no-shows ...
    My offer was unconditional.

ReputationRep:
    My offer was unconditional.
    Even those with conditional offers have been offered places. Did you accept it as your firm choice on UCAS?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing the games/animation foundation year
    Sounds great! Maybe we'll see each other around some day!

ReputationRep:
    Even those with conditional offers have been offered places. Did you accept it as your firm choice on UCAS?
    Yes I accepted it as my firm choice.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.