Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going to the YRS festival of code?

Should be a blast loool https://youngrewiredstate.org/festival-of-code

ReputationRep:
    llooooooooooooool yeah sounds fun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cal97g)
    You ever been before? Any idea what you are going to do? Which languages do you know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harjot)
    You ever been before? Any idea what you are going to do? Which languages do you know?
    No, no and python, php, visual basic, html, css, jQuery etc

ReputationRep:
    Yep, I know Python and Ruby so I'll probably either pick up as much JavaScript or Rails as possible tomorrow. I'm a bit worried of being inferior haha, never really used APIs or any web stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frank the Tankk)
    Yep, I know Python and Ruby so I'll probably either pick up as much JavaScript or Rails as possible tomorrow. I'm a bit worried of being inferior haha, never really used APIs or any web stuff.
    Don't worry, I have the same feeling that everyone is going to be web-dev crackheads.

I feel confident enough to pick up all the technical stuff quick enough, however I am going to have real issues choosing a project - I hate doing irrelevant, pointless things :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cal97g)
    Which teams were you guys/what were your projects?

We were Before Dark, http://beforedark.co/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I didn't actually go because I was working. I am doing Student Hack Manchester though.

ReputationRep:
    How did it go with your group?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.