Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping to go to UAL in September 2015, 1 more year of a levels left! (Thank god) I want to study Design Management and Cultures which I believe is a new course there (but if anyone has done Design and Cultures and could tell me more about the course is be really grateful!!) , but I also want to stay in the Costume Store which I know is quite expensive. Does anyone currently live there and can validate that it is actually worth that amount of money? Also, what is student life/freshes like? I'm not much of a party girl but I really do like this university, my other options include greenwich and westminster where I would do events management Thank goissssss (does anyone have any pics of their appartments or rooms)

ReputationRep:
    i am goin lcc but staying in costume store.. its 40 mins to get there which i dont think is too bad.. i know people who travel to uni for 2 hours..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikokikokiko)
    i am goin lcc but staying in costume store.. its 40 mins to get there which i dont think is too bad.. i know people who travel to uni for 2 hours..

oh cool! What are you studying? Have you visited the costume store or any other of the accommodation sites? I really want an unbiased opinion

ReputationRep:

Hi I'm studying design management and cultures and at costume store too! It seems really far and very expensive :/

ReputationRep:
    I really wish I knew more about the course as it's newly adapted. Have you visited the costume store or did you choose it based on what you saw online? Looks amazing but maybe that's just in photos?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aishalyds)
    I really wish I knew more about the course as it's newly adapted. Have you visited the costume store or did you choose it based on what you saw online? Looks amazing but maybe that's just in photos?

I spoke for a while with the course leader and she said that although you have essays to write, it is very hands on and you gets to spend quite a bit of time exploring places relating to the topics with the group. Almost like field trips which is much more interesting than sitting in lectures and taking notes that way! The costume store looks great online, i didn't get to visit it but for me, the only thing putting me off is how far away it is and the fact you are tied into a 51 week contract. will you be there this year or looking for next?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EVS95)
    I spoke for a while with the course leader and she said that although you have essays to write, it is very hands on and you gets to spend quite a bit of time exploring places relating to the topics with the group. Almost like field trips which is much more interesting than sitting in lectures and taking notes that way! The costume store looks great online, i didn't get to visit it but for me, the only thing putting me off is how far away it is and the fact you are tied into a 51 week contract. will you be there this year or looking for next?
    Oh that's good then! Yeah I think the costume store looks amazing online, much better then any other uni accomadations I've seen. I'm looking for next year, I quite like UAL, just seems like a nice place to be.

ReputationRep:
    oh cool! What are you studying? Have you visited the costume store or any other of the accommodation sites? I really want an unbiased opinion
    Hey, so sorry for the late reply, I rarely come on here..
    The costume store is amazing! I was a little nervous about moving in because I read some pretty negative reviews about it but it's actually not so bad. Staff are super friendly and are always up to help you out if you need anything. Plus, there are quite a lot of LCC students living in the costume store so there will be always someone to travel to uni with... Oh and i'm studying public relations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EVS95)
    Hi I'm studying design management and cultures and at costume store too! It seems really far and very expensive :/
    you're living in the costume store? I don't think traveling for 40 minutes isn't too bad at all... But maybe because I'm used to traveling for hours...

ReputationRep:
    The costume store is amazing! I was a little nervous about moving in because I read some pretty negative reviews about it but it's actually not so bad. Staff are super friendly and are always up to help you out if you need anything. Plus, there are quite a lot of LCC students living in the costume store so there will be always someone to travel to uni with... Oh and i'm studying public relations
    That's brilliant! I'm glad you like it there! The general idea seems to be that the costume store is the nicest accomodation and it definitely looks that way. I'm having a look around LCC on their next open day and maybe some accomodation, but the costume store appears to be a favourite of mine so far :-)

ReputationRep:
    That's brilliant! I'm glad you like it there! The general idea seems to be that the costume store is the nicest accomodation and it definitely looks that way. I'm having a look around LCC on their next open day and maybe some accomodation, but the costume store appears to be a favourite of mine so far :-)
    Yeah and don't think about the commute so much, 40 minutes is nothing compared to some of the students that commute all the way to camberwell which takes over an hour... all my flatmates so far all go to camberwell. train station is like less than a minute away from the halls and you got a costa, dominoes, tesco express downstairs and another cafe... Glad I ended up in costume store tbh ) wish you all the best!

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm doing the PR course this year and I was just wondering if you could give me any pointers you found this year? Is the course good? Hard to get to from the costume store? Long hours? Etc.
    would be so appreciated. Thanks so much

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    University of the Arts London resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.