Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Since quiting smoking I feel like I have nothing to look forward to.. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Usually around about now I'd be getting ready for work and wanting to hurry off out so I can enjoy my usual cig before catching the bus.. now I feel like its pointless rushing and getting their early.. I dont even know what to do on my breaks anymore I usually hang with the smokers but I just don't fit in anymore.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    yeah smoking is super chill even though it's bad for you. I'd probably quit in the future, but those times when you just wanna chill and look at the river, a cigarette not only makes it better it also makes you look less like a **** standing around looking at a ****ing river.

just hang in there i guess

ReputationRep:
    Substitute the cigarette with some food.

ReputationRep:
    Tragic.

ReputationRep:
    Take up chess and buy a travel chess board. Then become addicted to chess so that in your breaks you have an urgent need to win against yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, at least you quit! You took the courage to overcome what is arguably the most severe addiction that existed on the planet. I guess one way to kill time is have a jog around where you live. (But make sure you still get to work on time, no excuses for being late)

As for the breaks, you can help your smoker colleagues quit by buying them nicotine gum or something. If they resist then just don't talk to them, they'll never be able to quit like you did

ReputationRep:
    I've mainly been sucking on a strong mint/sweet when I have the urge to smoke just to get that bitter taste in my mouth. I don't think il relapse tho iv tried to quit for a month now this is ny final try. I mentally prepared myself by cutting down and not smoking for 2-3 days at a time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No, keep trying! If you light a cigarette now, all your efforts will go to waste...

ReputationRep:
    Chew gum. Hahahahaaha! Sorry.

Don't give up. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger and whatnot.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tengentoppa)
    Substitute the cigarette with some food.
    I've noticed that a lot of ex-smokers do this. Apart from one. He appears to have developed a very odd running shoe addiction...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.