Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I have made a thread about this already, but it is too long, and I figured I wouldn't get no replies. So I will bullet point to make this one brief.

- me and my family live in a rented house on the same grounds as the company (and owned by them). All rent gets taken out of my mums wage. She is a manager in catering dept. we are also responsible for guest welfare in the absence of other managers on site.

- the current boss is a nasty piece of work, manipulative and vindictive. She pushed out previous manger with another female colleague, and he had a breakdown.
    Since there has been more people leaving the job or fired...it seems she uses legislation and new laws to fleece people.

-she threatened to put up our rent simply because she felt like it, and went to the directors behind our back (since she is well in with them). We even caught one of the directors photographing the property and when confronted said nothing. We think they're valuing it.

- they have harassed my mum numerous times, and she maintains a small group of people she gets to check up on us that report to her. They twist things and relay stuff or her. Also, our phone calls are linked to there system, and so calls get redirected to the guesthouse when we are out. Apparently they demanded to know about who was calling my mum even though it was confidential and private. Yet when they refused the manager said, sorry we can't put you through unless she is her. Withholding phone calls, which I'm sure isn't right.

-everyone is bithcy and there is a select number of people that are making our lives miserable.

-we want to move but can't as my mum is in debt, can't afford a new place. We need to find new jobs and a home and my mum is in her fifties without a pension and so it's going to be harder.

-my mum thinks the boss will make it harder for us to escape, refusing a reference.

Also....

Since the under this managers regime, everything has changed from how payroll is calculated to recruitment/employment and legal issues. Before most of it was internal, but now it's all contracted out. The majority of which are all tied to her or connected to her, and I think it is wrong.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.