Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is uni as fun as people make it out to be?! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting uni in September and was just wondering whether uni is as 'fun' as everyone makes it seem? It may just be me but most uni students I talk to seem pretty chilled and relaxed and seem to have less stress than they did at A-levels!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abbyy95)
    I'm starting uni in September and was just wondering whether uni is as 'fun' as everyone makes it seem? It may just be me but most uni students I talk to seem pretty chilled and relaxed and seem to have less stress than they did at A-levels!
    It depends on:

The course
    The University
    The nature of mental health

Some people stress over things others dont care about..etc

But uni can be fun... if you join the right societies and make the right friends. Or it can be hell if you make enemies and run into bad people

All in all one thing is fore sure, you will learn so much about your self and the real world during uni.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Short answer: yes.
    Long answer: YES! But try to find people you actually identify with in some way. This is unlikely to be the housemates you have in first year, but unless you have really obscure interests (and refuse to speak to anyone else) there will be some people who you can get along with just fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4TSR)
    It depends on:

The course
    The University
    The nature of mental health

Some people stress over things others dont care about..etc

But uni can be fun... if you join the right societies and make the right friends. Or it can be hell if you make enemies and run into bad people

All in all one thing is fore sure, you will learn so much about your self and the real world during uni.
    Thank you! I'll be sure to make friends with the right people!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manitude)
    Short answer: yes.
    Long answer: YES! But try to find people you actually identify with in some way. This is unlikely to be the housemates you have in first year, but unless you have really obscure interests (and refuse to speak to anyone else) there will be some people who you can get along with just fine.
    Thanks for the response! Only issue is I won't be moving out..do you think that'll affect the chances of making new friends?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abbyy95)
    Thanks for the response! Only issue is I won't be moving out..do you think that'll affect the chances of making new friends?
    Living at home will make it more difficult to make friends straight away, but you'll probably end up speaking to people from your course and any societies you join. I know one person who lived at home for the whole degree and I think he would have benefited a lot, particularly in the first year, if he hadn't.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.