Gemma97
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Can someone please tell me if you need to register on UCAS to apply/fill in application forms for uni. I've got a buzzword from my college but we haven't been given ANY instructions on how to actually get on with applying.

Please please please help me :confused:
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Gemma97)
Can someone please tell me if you need to register on UCAS to apply/fill in application forms for uni. I've got a buzzword from my college but we haven't been given ANY instructions on how to actually get on with applying.

Please please please help me :confused:
Are you hoping to start at uni this september/october or in 2015?

If it is in 2015 then you go here: https://undergrad.apply.ucas.com/app...nctionName=new and register - it will ask at some point about your current college and buzzword - if you want your college to provide your reference then you need to enter those details when registering.

If you want to start uni this autumn then the same applies but you follow the 2014 link on this page http://www.ucas.com/apply/undergraduate (the 2015 link takes you to the linked page above)
Mav455
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You sign up on UCAS and enter all the relevant info there and then from there apply for courses offered by unis. Ask your college when they`re planning on encouraging to apply, but we personally had to apply ourselves after college told us its time to apply, and asked teachers if we were confused on any parts. But they did encourage us and check up to see everything was going ok and on time. As I said before, first I`d advise you to double check with your college, whether they want you to apply NOW or in a little while as they check the applications and ensure what you`ve added is correct before sending it to UCAS. Once they`ve given the all clear, just go to the UCAS website and the instructions for applying will be there
Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ucas doesn't open for 2015 entry until the first couple of weeks of September, so you can't apply now. It's likely that your college will give you a talk on how it's done when you go back in the new term. However, the Ucas website gives pretty clear instructions and the articles here on TSR will fill in the gaps.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.43%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.9%

Watched Threads