Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A new project idea about university life (similar to SKINS) Watch

• View Poll Results: Does the idea of reading a book about struggle at university interest you?
    Yes
    100.00%
    No
    0%
    depends (tell me more)
    0%

ReputationRep:
    Dear all,
    I am doing a project (or book is a better term) about my first year at university (ideally a book for every crazy year I experienced).. I graduated already and am reflecting on the biggest struggle I witnessed whilst going to university and it includes the conflict between ego and reality.

I have started writing the manuscript for the first year which reflects the clash between people from different cultures studying in an international environment, the introduction of alcohol to students who came from countries with restrictive backgrounds, the introduction to a selection of students who normally wouldn't do class A drugs but due to the sheer nature of indirect peer pressure and the grim city, rain and boredom , it directed everyone into a spiral of conflict and momentary self-realization. With people dropping out first year, some coping with their mental health and others being directly prosecuted by the law, I think composing a non-fictional piece of work for a younger audience could be a breakthrough in TV shows (later on), something unseen since the launch of the first SKINS. However I want to stress that this will be focused on the eyes of 4 main people through the 3 years with the personal experiences highlighted throughout and people met throughout given a good background as well.

I realized there is no good book on real effect and cause between relationships at university. You have high school drama works but that isn't the core of ones transition to adulthood, that begins really after high school. So pre university, post university people and current students. My question is, would any of you buy such a book?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.