Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ideas for piano pieces to learn Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm Grade 7/8 standard on piano and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions of some pieces to learn on piano. Will give me something to do over the summer! Just to give you an idea, these are the sorts of pieces I enjoy playing:

Debussy- Arabesque
    Chopin- Nocturne Op.9 No.2, Petit Chien
    Mozart- Piano Sonata in C major K.545 1st mov.
    Schumann- Traumerei
    Yiruma- River Flows in You etc
    Einaudi- I Giorni, Le Onde, Fairytale
    Sicilienne- Fauré

Any suggestions will be appreciated, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    I love the Yiruma piece, its so beautiful.
    I dont know any pieces specific to your grade, but I enjoyed learning the Moonlight Sonata and The Titanic theme

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mav455)
    I love the Yiruma piece, its so beautiful.
    I dont know any pieces specific to your grade, but I enjoyed learning the Moonlight Sonata and The Titanic theme
    Ohhh the Moonlight Sonata is a good idea, thank you for that!
    And nah I don't necessarily do pieces just specific to my grade, I'd learn a Grade 1 piece if I liked it (or push myself for a higher standard one!), I just put my grade there for reference

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.