The Student Room Group

Chances Of Selection Into BRNC for Pilot

Hi,
I've recently passed my AIB and my final aircrew medical examination. I would like to keep anyone who knows opinion on my chances of selection into the November entry.
As far as I'm aware (and they have been very vague in telling me the results), my FAT score was around the 120 mark, and my AIB pass slightly above average.
Any thoughts/information or past experiences would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Reply 1
In a nutshell;

- hundreds if not thousands of applicants. Actual slots probably only just reaching double figures. You can do the maths.

(FAT score and AIB pass are only small parts of the application, as you well know, so quoting them alone is largely useless.)
Original post by Drewski
In a nutshell;

- hundreds if not thousands of applicants. Actual slots probably only just reaching double figures. You can do the maths.

(FAT score and AIB pass are only small parts of the application, as you well know, so quoting them alone is largely useless.)

Well I had a letter from the AIB telling me selection was based upon AIB score, FATs and then age.
I am only 18 which as far as I'm aware is very desirable at the minute, is anyone aware how many applicants get through to final selection?
Reply 3
Im probably being dumb here, but whats BRNC?

I'm off to OASC for selection as a pilot in August. As far as I'm aware, the RAF choose based on a consistent high performance across all areas. 120 is above the RAF competitive score at the moment which is 112, although when I sat the tests last year it was 125.

Thats a perfectly acceptable score, but you've still got to perform across the board.
Original post by jannisjr

https://www.google.co.uk/
Reply 5
For some reason the Wifi in Costa coffee doesn't let me do google searches. I've no idea why.
Reply 6
For some reason the Wifi in Costa coffee doesn't let me do google searches. I've no idea why.

If you haven't got your answer yet... Britannia Royal Naval College, Dartmouth. RN equivalent of Army's Sandhurst and RAF's Cranwell.

I'm off to OASC for selection as a pilot in August. As far as I'm aware, the RAF choose based on a consistent high performance across all areas. 120 is above the RAF competitive score at the moment which is 112, although when I sat the tests last year it was 125.

Thats a perfectly acceptable score, but you've still got to perform across the board.

I guess I just have to wait and see for selection, I've been told to be reasonably optimistic so I guess that's all I can do
Yes you have been told. You were told by a Naval Recruiter on Navy-Net in fact, so why are you still asking this question?
Original post by LeicesterStudent
Yes you have been told. You were told by a Naval Recruiter on Navy-Net in fact, so why are you still asking this question?

I started the threads at the same time, it doesn't hurt to get a second opinion does it
Original post by Aprilia-Riley
I started the threads at the same time, it doesn't hurt to get a second opinion does it

No, but this is like going to the doctors about a problem and then getting a second opinion from the guy at the newsagents...
Original post by Drewski
No, but this is like going to the doctors about a problem and then getting a second opinion from the guy at the newsagents...

Like I said I started them at the same time, I didn't get the reply on Navy-Net and then go on to start this thread, I actually started this one first

Quick Reply

Latest