Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ending my relationship...few reasons...am I wrong? Watch

She's amazing and we are good together...but

But I seriously can't get over her past...and I think its unfair if I stay with her..coz she should be with someone who's happy to see beyond her past.

I'm a normal, "nice" guy, who never slept around and always waited for the right person to come along. I have only slept with my ex.

But my current GF has had a one night stand. She has pulled so many people on nightouts. She even accepted that she kissed her ex's friend when drunk, but that was before they were official. She has had two different "friends with benefits". She has slept with an older guy (she's 20 and he was nearly 40) just for the night and doesn't even know his last name or anything about him.

I really can't get over all this. When I kiss her, I sometimes remember those lips have been elsewhere and in many people. I feel disgusted inside.

I may sounds very traditional. Or not a nice person. But that's how I feel. I know there are pletny of girls out there, who will be like me and are waiting to meet someone like me...

So, should I end this relationship nicely, before things get serious and I being "stuck" with someone I will always have an issue with? Please help me.

ReputationRep:
    End it, I definitely would - I just wouldn't be able to get over that (same as you). Don't waste her time, it isn't your fault so don't feel like a bad guy for doing so.

ReputationRep:
    is it just because shes more experienced? Or because you valued something that she (and a majority of ppl) dont?

ReputationRep:
    That's how I felt about my ex but stupid me decided to stay with him until we finally broke up much later. Anyways, I just could never see him the same way (just like you described above) and inside I was really unhappy. I think it's best if you end it so both of you can find someone you like better.

ReputationRep:
    If you honestly think its insurmountable then end it because, as you said, she deserves someone who doesnt care about whats happened previously.

But seriously, if shes great un every other aspect then dude grow up. People have sex, its not the end of the world. So long as shes not transmitting STIs or cheating then shes still that amazing person. Stop thinking if her as used goods, youre about a century too late. Youre not getting somd other guys cooties from kissing her.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    She's amazing and we are good together...but

But I seriously can't get over her past...and I think its unfair if I stay with her..coz she should be with someone who's happy to see beyond her past.

I'm a normal, "nice" guy, who never slept around and always waited for the right person to come along. I have only slept with my ex.

But my current GF has had a one night stand. She has pulled so many people on nightouts. She even accepted that she kissed her ex's friend when drunk, but that was before they were official. She has had two different "friends with benefits". She has slept with an older guy (she's 20 and he was nearly 40) just for the night and doesn't even know his last name or anything about him.

I really can't get over all this. When I kiss her, I sometimes remember those lips have been elsewhere and in many people. I feel disgusted inside.

I may sounds very traditional. Or not a nice person. But that's how I feel. I know there are pletny of girls out there, who will be like me and are waiting to meet someone like me...

So, should I end this relationship nicely, before things get serious and I being "stuck" with someone I will always have an issue with? Please help me.
    Sounds like your own inferiority complex rather than her?

2014 champ, people get around it doesn't say much about their value and loyalty in a relationship.

Chill your knickers n check yourself.

ReputationRep:
    everyone has a history - you should never let the past ruin the present. Judge her on who she is now, whats in front of you; if you let go of someone whom you work well with for this reason, you may regret it further down the line.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.