Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you think this play suit would suit my skin tone? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have quite pale skin and dark hair and I was just wondering if you guys think I a pale skinned girl could pull off this playsuit?

http://www.asos.com/Mango/Mango-Prin...px?iid=2931808

ReputationRep:
    Might wash you out slightly, but considering you have dark hair, should look alright!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophsha)
    Might wash you out slightly, but considering you have dark hair, should look alright!
    Thank you I might get it as I think it's super lovely. what kind of colours would you recommend? I've only just started wearing colours too be honest, most of my wardrobe consists of black and dark navies and greys >.<

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    I have quite pale skin and dark hair and I was just wondering if you guys think I a pale skinned girl could pull off this playsuit?

http://www.asos.com/Mango/Mango-Prin...px?iid=2931808
    In that colour, no way. I have the same skin and hair as you but there's no way I would choose that. Why would you want to anyway... It's not the most inventive of patterns and colours. Sorry just my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Temporality)
    In that colour, no way. I have the same skin and hair as you but there's no way I would choose that. Why would you want to anyway... It's not the most inventive of patterns and colours. Sorry just my opinion.

I just really like it, and I'm not sure how inventive patterns are supposed to be? What do you mean exactly? what kind of patterns do you like?

ReputationRep:
    I just really like it, and I'm not sure how inventive patterns are supposed to be? What do you mean exactly? what kind of patterns do you like?
    Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like such a *****. It just came out wrong. I mean I just don't think that blue and that white work well together at all and I just kind of don't like the pattern but that's my personal choice... just because I wouldnt wear it, or don't get it, doesn't mean you shouldn't .
    I just think that having the same hair and skin tone as you, I tend to try colours like: nice bold red, a pale pink, a vibrant royal blue or maybe a classic black. . But you're entitled to your own style. Just a bit tired and shouldn't have sounded that harsh lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Temporality)
    Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like such a *****. It just came out wrong. I mean I just don't think that blue and that white work well together at all and I just kind of don't like the pattern but that's my personal choice... just because I wouldnt wear it, or don't get it, doesn't mean you shouldn't .
    I just think that having the same hair and skin tone as you, I tend to try colours like: nice bold red, a pale pink, a vibrant royal blue or maybe a classic black. . But you're entitled to your own style. Just a bit tired and shouldn't have sounded that harsh lol
    Oh don't worry I didn't think you sounded like a ***** I just didn't know quite what you meant. I'm all for the classic black but I think my wardrobe mow looks like I go to far too many funerals :P I've never been a fan of pink myself but I have a couple of things with pink incorporated. I've always struggled with bright blues and reds as for some reason I just think bright colours don't look flattering on my body.

I like the pattern on the play suit because it reminds me of china cups :3

ReputationRep:
    if you are very very pale it would look nice it my opinion

Edit: and very skinny tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OHNOGEM)
    if you are very very pale it would look nice it my opinion

Edit: and very skinny tbh

Um some people tell me I'm really pale, then most of the people round here are very tanned :P

I'm not really skinny no, I'm not fat or anything. Just average, but I already have another playsuit the same style and cut of this which I've been complimented in so I guess it doesn't make me look like a fat whale.

ReputationRep:
    Um some people tell me I'm really pale, then most of the people round here are very tanned :P

I'm not really skinny no, I'm not fat or anything. Just average, but I already have another playsuit the same style and cut of this which I've been complimented in so I guess it doesn't make me look like a fat whale.
    You're probably quite skinny I haven't seen anyone pull this style off being size 10+. I think this is a really nice playsuit and I can see why it reminds you of those small plates The only reason I wouldn't get it is because of the V neck design

ReputationRep:
    You're probably quite skinny I haven't seen anyone pull this style off being size 10+. I think this is a really nice playsuit and I can see why it reminds you of those small plates The only reason I wouldn't get it is because of the V neck design
    I'm a size 8, which I think it just normal? (though it varies on brand i suppose) but when you said really skinny I thought you meant like between size 4-6.
    I really like the V neck, I find SOOO many things on the high street now have really high necks which look horrendous on me because not only am I really short so they make me look squashed down but I have quite a large chest so covering it up to the neck makes me look quit plump.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a size 8, which I think it just normal? (though it varies on brand i suppose) but when you said really skinny I thought you meant like between size 4-6.
    I really like the V neck, I find SOOO many things on the high street now have really high necks which look horrendous on me because not only am I really short so they make me look squashed down but I have quite a large chest so covering it up to the neck makes me look quit plump.
    haha I'm the opposite I love high neck tops/dresses by the sounds of it the playsuit will really suit you, go for it!

ReputationRep:
    haha I'm the opposite I love high neck tops/dresses by the sounds of it the playsuit will really suit you, go for it!
    Ahha you must be quite tall and slender? Though I think everyone is tall because I've yet to meet anyone as small as me :')

ReputationRep:
    Ahha you must be quite tall and slender? Though I think everyone is tall because I've yet to meet anyone as small as me :')
    I'm pretty a average 5'5, how tall are you? I'm sure there must be someone your height, I know a girl just under 5 foot

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty a average 5'5, how tall are you? I'm sure there must be someone your height, I know a girl just under 5 foot
    Oh I'd love to be that height, clothes shopping would be a breeze I'm 4'9"

ReputationRep:
    Oh I'd love to be that height, clothes shopping would be a breeze I'm 4'9"
    I never really thought of that, I still find it hard to find clothes I actually like because I'm fussy and indecisive

ReputationRep:
    I never really thought of that, I still find it hard to find clothes I actually like because I'm fussy and indecisive
    Oh I know what you mean it's such a nightmare for me to find clothes that either fit for a start or that I even like!

I have such limited options as well, any trousers or jeans are just a no because they won't fit, any maxi type dress or skirts are a no :') and I have back acne so the majority of styles of tops or strappy dresses I can't wear
    >.< God damn fashion! Arghh

ReputationRep:
    The playsuit looks amazing and I think it'd look great on you, I'm not sure what people mean by washed out but I don't think the outfit would do that to you given your hair colour. And since your short it would look even better, it would fit better. Playsuits (short + long) are a nightmare for me, the short ones end up looking like short shorts on me and the long ones usually aren't long enough lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beaverhausen)
    The playsuit looks amazing and I think it'd look great on you, I'm not sure what people mean by washed out but I don't think the outfit would do that to you given your hair colour. And since your short it would look even better, it would fit better. Playsuits (short + long) are a nightmare for me, the short ones end up looking like short shorts on me and the long ones usually aren't long enough lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's the first time anyone has ever said anything like that to me :P thank you!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.