Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you think I can model? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello, 20 year old guy here, struggling with college debts.

Here is a picture for reference. I am 6'1.

ReputationRep:
    We meet again :hi:

Tbh you probably can

ReputationRep:
    You probably could book a job or two as you have great bone structure, but modelling is extremely competitive and it won't be easy. it's not as easy as it looks and it takes a lot of time, work and effort to start booking enough jobs to earn you very much money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    You probably could book a job or two as you have great bone structure, but modelling is extremely competitive and it won't be easy. it's not as easy as it looks and it takes a lot of time, work and effort to start booking enough jobs to earn you very much money.
    Yeah basically this. You're gonna need to work basically for a model hire company.

ReputationRep:
    Oh also not to mention it is unlikely anyone would book you without seeing a photographic portfolio first...and they cost money unless you have any professional photographer friends.
    • Welcome Squad

You're certainly good looking.
    If cara can make it, then hopefully you can too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    This. I model and it's not really a career unless you make it big. Fun to do though

ReputationRep:
    You can give a try for modeling but in modeling world there is lot of tough competition so, taking modeling as part time activity you can do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nurein)
    You can give a try for modeling but in modeling world there is lot of tough competition so, taking modeling as part time activity you can do it.
    is it a decent source of cash for somebody used to working minimum wage?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Verbalism)

You look like Cillian Murphy

ReputationRep:
    is it a decent source of cash for somebody used to working minimum wage?
    It could be a nice boost of income every now and again but definitely don't quit your day job because there is no security in modelling and you are never guaranteed anything.

ReputationRep:
    compile a professional modelling portfolio for yourself and go out there and try out at all the modeling agencies you can find.

If you're successful then you can definitely be a model. If not, then keep trying because from your pic you do have modelling potential.

But also keep your current job because in this world you need a consistent financial flow which is hard to gain as a model.

Remember: personality, style, and modelling skills are as important as looks.

ReputationRep:

aren't you from puahate?

dantino?

lol OP been outed

ReputationRep:
    lmao dantino from puahate is back

you look like a cereal killer bro srs

ReputationRep:
    I'd say you have potential - how are you with a beard? As that's the "in" thing right now.

One way to go about it is to grow a following online. Use the internet to get free shoots with up & coming photographers, build a following (ie, on Tumblr, of horny teens reblogging your pics) and a portfolio, network like a madman and go to as many castings as you can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aku-gila)
    You look like Cillian Murphy

I said that

ReputationRep:
    We could tell you the truth if:

A) you put up more than 1 photo.

B) you didn't edit the photos.

ReputationRep:
    dantino you look like the guy who plays hannibal lecter in the tv show i forgot his name

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greg Jackson)
    dantino you look like the guy who plays hannibal lecter in the tv show i forgot his name

mads mikkelsen he's plays Hannibal

ReputationRep:
    i could cut myself on those cheekbones

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.