Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Morning,

A quick Google search hasn't returned much in the way of cold statistics for attrition rates at City law firms, and I was wondering if anyone here had any information (anecdotal, or otherwise). I'm looking particularly at 3-6 PQE.

Thanks, guys.

ReputationRep:
    I would say that an intake of NQs (i.e. trainees who were offered places on qualification) will be reduced to about 40-50% of its original size by the time they all reach 3 PQE. (Most people tend to stay for 18-24 months but once you hit 1.5-2 PQE you see quite a rapid fallout).

By the time you get to 6 PQE, I'd say you're down to about 15-25% of the original NQ intake.

Obviously firms recruit laterally, so the above doesn't really provide a full answer to the question you're asking. I think if you're looking at general associate attrition in the 3-6 PQE range, I'd guess somewhere between 25-40% every three years.

ReputationRep:
    This is pretty good on the subject:

http://www.thelawyer.com/analysis/re...023503.article

ReputationRep:
    Great article.

Cheers.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.