The Student Room Group

International students - grades

Hey guys!

I've been planning on applying to study PPE at University of Oxford this fall but I have a question!

As a swedish student I have found it difficult to "translate" my grades which makes me slightly unsure whether or not my grades are good enough for Oxford to consider me.

On the Oxford webpage it says that as a swedish student you should have achieved A or B in the majority of relevant subjects, but as stated above I'm not quite sure my grades will suffice.

So far I have 14 A's, 2 B's and a C (which hopefully I can raise before final grades are due). I recieved an A in my Cambridge Exam (CAE) so my language skills should be adequate for an international applicant. I have also studied a year abroad in the US and I've been involved in the European Youth Parliament (EYP).

Next year I will take 8 more subjects (including entrepreneurship, marketing, economics and further maths) and hopefully I will achieve A's in all those subjects.

So my question is if there is anyone out there who has been in a similar situation as me and would be willing to give me some advice on whether or not it's worth applying with my grades and background!

:smile: :confused:
I've no idea about the Swedish system but if the highest grade you can get is an A and you got 14 A grades, I'd say go for it. Maybe you could contact the admissions department and ask their advice about your qualifications?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending