Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What foundation does everyone wear?

I'm painfully pale, as in casper the friendly ghost pale and I really struggle to find a foundation that matches. I used to use the Revlon Nearly Naked in 110 Ivory which was advertised buy Emma Stone because she is pale but even that leaves me with orange streaks.

Any advice would help me greatly

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Yes! I have a very pale skin. I don't get any tan. I've come to terms with it now haha. But i use the compact bb cream from Mac in the color extra light. It has a really good coverage and it doesn't really dry out my skin. It's not very cheap, but not that expansive too. I got it for €18,-

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have pale skin and used to find it hard, I now use Rimmel London Match Perfection in Ivory and its great. Before this I used Rimmel London Wake Me Up in True Ivory

ReputationRep:
    I struggle with foundation further because my skin is also very pink-toned rather than the yellow-toned they seem to make all foundations for, but I went and did that No7 skin test they do and use Calico, their lightest shade. The other one that's good is Lush's colour supplements (light pink/light yellow), which I tend to mix with moisturiser

ReputationRep:
    Revlon Colorstay is my favourite for matching my skin

ReputationRep:
    I had the same problem! The only foundation I've ever found to match my pale skin is bare minerals in 'fair'

ReputationRep:
    I used to use Dream Matte Mousse in Porcelain (005) which is one shade up from Ivory (010), although apparently there's a 'Light Porcelain' now, which is 004 but now I just use Dream Fresh BB Cream from Maybelline instead.

ReputationRep:
    I use studio fix by Mac in NW10 which is their lightest shade and it fits me perfectly. I always found the lightest shades like ivory on brands such as rimmel or maybelline just weren't light enough for me.
    If you're really porcelain pale though illamasqua do a white foundation which you mix with a regular foundation to lighten it. Depends on your budget though as premium makeup is pretty expensive

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you everyone

ReputationRep:
    I love pale-skinned girls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iJess)
    I have pale skin and used to find it hard, I now use Rimmel London Match Perfection in Ivory and its great. Before this I used Rimmel London Wake Me Up in True Ivory
    Me too! That's the same shade I use.
    At OP i recommend you just go to your nearest boost or superdrug or wherever and try out the samplers for all the light shades you can find and see which fits best.

ReputationRep:
    Nars Sheer Glow in Siberia should sort you out! Expensive but lasts ages and 100% won't leave you orange.

ReputationRep:
    The foundations I use are MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NW13, Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow in Believe In Me Ivory, Max Factor Whipped Creme in Ivory, Max Factor 3 in 1 Foundation in Ivory, Rimmel London Match Perfection in Ivory and Lush Colour Supplement in Jackie Oates

I'm pale with warm toned skin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snailsareslimy)
    Nars Sheer Glow in Siberia should sort you out! Expensive but lasts ages and 100% won't leave you orange.
    It depends what skin type you have too; if you have normal/dry skin then Sheer Glow would be best but if you have oily/combination skin then Nars do a Matte version... the only downside with this foundation is that it will take you longer for you to blend it properly as it's high coverage so a little goes a long way!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simplylldxo)
    It depends what skin type you have too; if you have normal/dry skin then Sheer Glow would be best but if you have oily/combination skin then Nars do a Matte version... the only downside with this foundation is that it will take you longer for you to blend it properly as it's high coverage so a little goes a long way!
    Very true, I have dry skin so I didn't even think of oily alternatives! Thanks for the addition

ReputationRep:
    I like pale skin.

ReputationRep:
    I don't use foundation as I don't like covering up my freckles but I use this really cheap BB cream by MUA (super cheap brand at Superdrug, cost me £1) in the palest colour. I'd recommend it, although not everything works for everyone.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.