Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I don't live there so I'm not quite as clued up as to what is going on. I'd heard that it turns out the Saudi student fell prey to a serial killer who has killed white non-Muslims too? Or has this been ruled out?

ReputationRep:
    Probably not, which is why the media has gone silent on the issue.

ReputationRep:
    What Essex murder?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...sex-colchester

This one...

ReputationRep:
    Not heard anything since regarding the murder. There were a number of similarities between her murder and one that happened some months earlier involving a vulnerable man who was stabbed 100 times in Castle Park in the centre of Colchester. However this attack happened in the main park just off the Town centre where lots of local Essex people descend and go out drinking in many of the clubs and pubs. A drunk person with a knife could possibly be the person behind this murder?

As for the girl, she was stabbed 16 times, but it happened in broad daylight on a relatively busy footpath around the back of the Greenstead estate which is a good 3 miles away from the place where the other murder took place. Greenstead is considered the more rougher area of Colchester but is generally a nice and safe area. This section of the footpath is normally mainly frequented by students who live on the estate taking a short cut to Uni and locals who live on the estate mostly walking dogs, but would have been relatively busy during this time of the day so it is quite unusual in that regard. There were people around at the time but the police have had trouble tracking them down, whether they have come forward now or not, I don't know. The chances are the person who was on this path was most likely from the estate?

I think there are a number of similarities, but also striking differences, and so I think it difficult to conclude whether they are or not related.

ReputationRep:
    He was black not Asian it's probably gang related.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.