Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tuition loan and Maintenance grant Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I'm an International European student who has applied for an undergraduate degree I didn't live in UK for the last three years but my country is in EEA ( Bulgaria ). I have questions about my possibilities of receiving student loans/grants and questions about some details.

First of all, I have not yet applied for the student tuition fee loan but I will do it in a short time. I have read that the universities receive the transactions in three instalments, so if I apply now, how I could be sure that the loan will not late and thus to my disconnection from the course ?

I have some questions considering the maintenance grant. As a European student, I know that I'm not eligible for the maintenance grant because of the three years condition. But I have read that there is a maintenance grant for a migrant worker. If I start to work in the early August and continue that during my studies, would I be eligible for the maintenance grant ?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hello

To find out if you can apply as a migrant worker, please call us on 0141 243 3570.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hello Sir

I don't have sufficient funds in my mobile phone due to the plenty number of calls to UCAS and as result my phone is now blocked. Please Mark Lee, help me here.

I've never worked in my country but I will definetly do it throughout all the years of my education abroad and I'm planning to find a job in August and start working just before my education courses launch in September.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Acework,

If you plan to work before your course start date and throughout your course then you can apply as a migrant worker. You would be required to provide evidence of your continued employment by providing your contract of employment or payslips.

You can apply online as a migrant worker online through student finance England.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hello Sir,

I will make a call when I get to the UK because I already have an account on the webpage. However, I have created it before I knew that EU students can't apply on-line. And I have some uncorrect information there which can't be changed by my own.

Is there a posibility for me to apply through the paper form and then after when I get the work to add information about my " migrant status " again with a paper form ?

ReputationRep:
    Hello

You can send in the paper PN1 application form. However, we won't be able to progress until we get your evidence so it would be best to send this when you the evidence in question.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hello Sir,

Thank you for the information. Just one thing more.Would I be eligible for the full package because my parents income is much lower than 25 000 pounds ? I mean eligible for the maintenance grant and maintenance loan. And would be a problem that I am a Bulgarian ?

ReputationRep:
    Hi there.

Yes, you would be eligible for the full package of support, the same as a student from the UK would be. There would be no issues with the fact you are Bulgarian as long as you can demonstrate your continued work in the UK.

Thanks.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.