The Student Room Group

Lads Holiday 2015

Me and 5 of my friends are going to be 18 next year, and we are really up for holiday as a group. We aren't the type of people who go out every weekend, but when we do go to a party or something we do like to have a drink. So we are looking for somewhere that has good nightlife, really nice beaches, excursions, shops etc. CAN YOU HELP???:smile::smile::smile:
If you wanted to go on a wild lads holiday then off the top of my head the typical places would be Magaluf, Ibiza, Zante or Ayia Napa. Those places will all be packed during peak season (June- August). But I know that those places can be very expensive, especially Ibiza and Magaluf, sometimes costing over £40 for certain night clubs. As for beaches I think all the 'typical' holiday resorts having nicer beaches than UK :smile:

If you want somewhere a bit quieter and cheaper, then you could try the canary islands such as Tenerife, playa de las Americas, which has a good night life although not as wild as those other places listed, obviously.

Another option is sharm el sheikh, Egypt which seems to have become popular again. You probably think 'no way' due to political problems of the country, but sharm is a tourist resort that is virtually unaffected by it all. While you won't see 'sex games' in clubs like you would in Europe (for obvious reasons), they have some pretty good night clubs there, and alcohol is fairly cheap. A holiday there would be cheap too, we stayed in a good 3* hotel all inclusive (all food and drink included) for £100pp for 10 days, the main thing you pay for is the flight. You can also do some fun excursions, like quad biking in the desert, diving, or go to the pyramids for a day, and most of the hotels also organize the nights out, taking you to and from the clubs or the shopping resorts in coaches. Just something to think about :smile:
Original post by Benpaget
Me and 5 of my friends are going to be 18 next year, and we are really up for holiday as a group. We aren't the type of people who go out every weekend, but when we do go to a party or something we do like to have a drink. So we are looking for somewhere that has good nightlife, really nice beaches, excursions, shops etc. CAN YOU HELP???:smile::smile::smile:

In addition to what Dreaming has said, I would also throw in Sunny Beach, Bulgaria. It's very cheap and popular amongst British people atm.
Reply 3
Original post by Autistic Merit
In addition to what Dreaming has said, I would also throw in Sunny Beach, Bulgaria. It's very cheap and popular amongst British people atm.

Good shout, a few of my mates are there at the moment
Don't go to MALIA!!!! Me and 5 friends went at the end of july/august this year And it was awful everyone is a fraud and trying to rip you off plus the strips tiny and it was dead! But we went ZANTE the year before and it was unbelievable!! So good

Quick Reply

Latest