Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

My maths revision skills recently haven't been accurate and I have been getting E's and F's. I would like too know how to study for maths exams. I'm not good at maths exams.

ReputationRep:
    Exam solutons. ii

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _aishahxo_)
    Hi,

My maths revision skills recently haven't been accurate and I have been getting E's and F's. I would like too know how to study for maths exams. I'm not good at maths exams.
    You could try CrashMaths:

Youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/user/CrashMaths
    Website link: http://crashmaths.wix.com/home

ReputationRep:
    Is it gcse or as level? You may want to buy a revision book for the exam board the exam will be under. And when youve fully revised do past papers

ReputationRep:
    GCSE and I brought 3 and it still does not work.

ReputationRep:
    If you have problems with math, first and foremost you have to find out when you stopped understanding it!

Take your old textbooks and try solving problems from when you were 10, 11, 12... And if come across a problem you can't solve, study the topic. In my experience, people usually don't understand high school level math just because they didn't get one tiny teeny concept when they were younger.

If you'd like, PM me, I can try to help you with it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _aishahxo_)
    GCSE and I brought 3 and it still does not work.
    You need to start at the beginning

If you are getting E grades then there is some really basic maths that you have not understood/forgotten

I would suggest getting some KS2 and then KS3 workbooks - perhaps use BBC bitesize to help with improved understanding

When you feel that you can confidently get a 4/5 at KS2 and a 5/6 at KS3 then look at a Foundation GCSE paper to see how you feel about that

This should be enough - aim for about an hour of maths a day during the break if you feel this is do-able - you need to start Year 11 feeling confident with the basics rather than worrying about the actual GCSE papers yet

ReputationRep:
    I will chillax for 2 weeks and work hard for 4 weeks. My grades are what matters and it will help me progress furthur too do Alevels.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.