Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I would like too know how would I study for physics/biology and chemistry core science. I'm doing additional science next year. I would like too know should I write all my notes down and copy the notes next year from the book or should I print out my notes and copy it from next year? Does flashcards/revision cards help for core science?

ReputationRep:
    Keep all of your notes in the same place, be they on your computer or on paper. If they're on your computer, create separate files for core and additional science so that you know what to study for what exams. If they are on paper, keep them in a folder or something that will keep all of the relevant paper together.
    Honestly, for GCSE science, all you really need is a text book, the specification and some past papers. Keep reading through it and you can make brief notes around the pages of the textbook. To learn it, just rehearse it out loud or in your head, whatever works for you.
    Flash cards are great for learning definitions and short processes, but will not be very helpful when trying to do calculations (e.g. In physics).
    You might learn things well by listening to a teacher explaining things. If you are doing AQA gcse science, you may find my-gcsescience.com quite helpful.
    When doing last minute revision, I found the specification very useful: it's like a shorter version of a text book, telling you everything you need to know. You can find the specifications on the websites of your exam board. Mine was aqa, but you may be using OCR or EDEXCEl etc. If I was looking for my gcse exam biology specification, I would google "aqa gcse biology specification".
    hope this is helpful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _aishahxo_)
    I would like too know how would I study for physics/biology and chemistry core science. I'm doing additional science next year. I would like too know should I write all my notes down and copy the notes next year from the book or should I print out my notes and copy it from next year? Does flashcards/revision cards help for core science?
    GCSEs don't need huge amounts of revision. Pay attention in class, and keep your attendance up so that you understand everything. If you feel like you're getting behind then ask your teacher (or on TSR) to explain what you don't get. Revision-wise, the spec and the CGP guide cover what you need to know pretty well.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.