Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

X-Men > Avengers Watch

ReputationRep:
    Better actors/actresses and better plot. Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    I assume you're referring to Days of Future Past in particular? I think both films are great in their own ways. Both have had these huge build-ups over time and amazing characters and plot, but most of all they've got moments that just stay with you; Coulson vs Loki, the old and young Xavier meeting each other, Iron Man vs the Nuke and the end of DOFP. Moments like those really make movies brilliant, I wouldn't waste time comparing them because they're both great films.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone from a minority group can relate with X-men

Lol I dnt think anyone can relate to the Avengers

ReputationRep:
    X-Men, X2, The Wolverine, and Days of Future Past are all far better than The Avengers. Days of Future Past was especially good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAnusFiles)
    Better actors/actresses and better plot. Thoughts?
    Probably agree, but have stopped watching both as they have both gone off the rails.
    X 1 and 2, and the first Iron Man, were excellent. Since then ... meh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by just a dad)
    Probably agree, but have stopped watching both as they have both gone off the rails.
    X 1 and 2, and the first Iron Man, were excellent. Since then ... meh.
    Watch days of future past. It's great

ReputationRep:
    better fictional characters in the avengers if I'm honest. There are limitations to the net number of superpowers in the avengers, whereas in xmen if the producers need a particular set of powers, they introduce another character. :dry:
    The story may be better in the xmen tho.

ReputationRep:
    I like them both for different reason, however if Bryan singer had done all the xmen films they all would have been amazing

ReputationRep:
    Seen the first 3 X-Men films, all better than Avengers Assemble.

ReputationRep:
    X-men wins I think purely from its master class actors - particularly McKellen and Stewart as well as Fassbender and McAvoy, and Jackman too.
    First Class and Days of Futures Past are amazing.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely; Marvel films are whack imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haven't seen Days of Future Past or the second Wolverine film but all the other ones were great, even The Last Stand. On the other hand, Avengers? Meh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiMan)
    There are limitations to the net number of superpowers in the avengers, whereas in xmen if the producers need a particular set of powers, they introduce another character.
    What, like when someone can deflect laser beams with their freaking hammer or shield? One of the reasons Avengers rubs me off the wrong way is that all the people seem artificially tempered to suit the storyline, given crazy powers just so they're equal their enemy.

Also I like X-Men because as far as I'm aware it never addresses the people with powers as 'heroes', just mutants. The Avengers aren't really heroes yet it's rubbed in your faces that they are.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    :yep: Days of Future Past, The Wolverine, and X2 were all better than the Avenger films.

Though Thor was pretty good.

The Avenger films are aimed at a wider demographic and feel as though they are just a selling point for other merchandise - toys, games etc.

Whereas the aforementioned X-Men films (let us forget the 'Origins' films:afraid:) felt as though they have been directed for the sake of storytelling, and contain ..darker(?) themes.

(Original post by Pulse.)
    Definitely; Marvel films are whack imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What, Have you not seen Spiderman 2 (2004)?:sogood:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_green_day)
    Haven't seen Days of Future Past or the second Wolverine film but all the other ones were great, even The Last Stand. On the other hand, Avengers? Meh.
    The Wolverine & Days of Future Past are brilliant, they're better than the previous films.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_green_day)
    What, like when someone can deflect laser beams with their freaking hammer or shield? One of the reasons Avengers rubs me off the wrong way is that all the people seem artificially tempered to suit the storyline, given crazy powers just so they're equal their enemy.

Also I like X-Men because as far as I'm aware it never addresses the people with powers as 'heroes', just mutants. The Avengers aren't really heroes yet it's rubbed in your faces that they are.
    Eh, the hammer is fairly powered given thor is a god. Mjolnir was one of the most powerful objects in norse mythology, makes sense for it to be so powerful in the marvel films. As for the shield, captain America sort of needs something to make him a superhero rather than just a talented gymnast/strongman. I wouldn't say any of them have crazy powers, certainly not compared to the x-men

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The only problem I have with the X-Men films is that they're a shoddy adaptation of the source material. Yeah, the MCU films deviate- but mostly in good ways, or in ways so small it doesn't matter. Fox just butchers the comics every time. They're good films, just not good X-Men films.

Days of Future Past was an amazing film, but barely had any similarity with the comic.

ReputationRep:
    Avengers bore me

ReputationRep:
    X-men definitely. Avengers was good but I didn't like it as much as other people did. I haven't watched the new X-Men yet but I really liked X-Men First Class, more than I liked Avengers. However if we're counting Iron Man and all the other movies included in Avengers then I'd have to say Avengers wins but if purely looking at X-Men and Avengers Assemble, X-Men wins for me.

ReputationRep:
    Damn, I like them both. Perhaps Avengers more though...RD Jr. is a legend and Avengers is much more grand, also having something happening every few minutes, be it comedy, action or both.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.