X-Men > Avengers

Watch
TheAnusFiles
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Better actors/actresses and better plot. Thoughts?
Luminz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I assume you're referring to Days of Future Past in particular? I think both films are great in their own ways. Both have had these huge build-ups over time and amazing characters and plot, but most of all they've got moments that just stay with you; Coulson vs Loki, the old and young Xavier meeting each other, Iron Man vs the Nuke and the end of DOFP. Moments like those really make movies brilliant, I wouldn't waste time comparing them because they're both great films.
HaQ_mAn_
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Anyone from a minority group can relate with X-men

Lol I dnt think anyone can relate to the Avengers
VladThe1mpaler
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
X-Men, X2, The Wolverine, and Days of Future Past are all far better than The Avengers. Days of Future Past was especially good.
just a dad
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by TheAnusFiles)
Better actors/actresses and better plot. Thoughts?
Probably agree, but have stopped watching both as they have both gone off the rails.
X 1 and 2, and the first Iron Man, were excellent. Since then ... meh.
TheAnusFiles
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by just a dad)
Probably agree, but have stopped watching both as they have both gone off the rails.
X 1 and 2, and the first Iron Man, were excellent. Since then ... meh.
Watch days of future past. It's great
SiMan
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
better fictional characters in the avengers if I'm honest. There are limitations to the net number of superpowers in the avengers, whereas in xmen if the producers need a particular set of powers, they introduce another character. :dry:
The story may be better in the xmen tho.
gemmalm95
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I like them both for different reason, however if Bryan singer had done all the xmen films they all would have been amazing
ukip72
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Seen the first 3 X-Men films, all better than Avengers Assemble.
hellodave5
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
X-men wins I think purely from its master class actors - particularly McKellen and Stewart as well as Fassbender and McAvoy, and Jackman too.
First Class and Days of Futures Past are amazing.
Pulse.
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Definitely; Marvel films are whack imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tom_green_day
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Haven't seen Days of Future Past or the second Wolverine film but all the other ones were great, even The Last Stand. On the other hand, Avengers? Meh.
Tom_green_day
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by SiMan)
There are limitations to the net number of superpowers in the avengers, whereas in xmen if the producers need a particular set of powers, they introduce another character.
What, like when someone can deflect laser beams with their freaking hammer or shield? One of the reasons Avengers rubs me off the wrong way is that all the people seem artificially tempered to suit the storyline, given crazy powers just so they're equal their enemy.

Also I like X-Men because as far as I'm aware it never addresses the people with powers as 'heroes', just mutants. The Avengers aren't really heroes yet it's rubbed in your faces that they are.
getfunky!
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
:yep: Days of Future Past, The Wolverine, and X2 were all better than the Avenger films.

Though Thor was pretty good.

The Avenger films are aimed at a wider demographic and feel as though they are just a selling point for other merchandise - toys, games etc.

Whereas the aforementioned X-Men films (let us forget the 'Origins' films:afraid:) felt as though they have been directed for the sake of storytelling, and contain ..darker(?) themes.

(Original post by Pulse.)
Definitely; Marvel films are whack imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What, Have you not seen Spiderman 2 (2004)?:sogood:
getfunky!
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Tom_green_day)
Haven't seen Days of Future Past or the second Wolverine film but all the other ones were great, even The Last Stand. On the other hand, Avengers? Meh.
The Wolverine & Days of Future Past are brilliant, they're better than the previous films.
Stiff Little Fingers
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Tom_green_day)
What, like when someone can deflect laser beams with their freaking hammer or shield? One of the reasons Avengers rubs me off the wrong way is that all the people seem artificially tempered to suit the storyline, given crazy powers just so they're equal their enemy.

Also I like X-Men because as far as I'm aware it never addresses the people with powers as 'heroes', just mutants. The Avengers aren't really heroes yet it's rubbed in your faces that they are.
Eh, the hammer is fairly powered given thor is a god. Mjolnir was one of the most powerful objects in norse mythology, makes sense for it to be so powerful in the marvel films. As for the shield, captain America sort of needs something to make him a superhero rather than just a talented gymnast/strongman. I wouldn't say any of them have crazy powers, certainly not compared to the x-men

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jakeul200493
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The only problem I have with the X-Men films is that they're a shoddy adaptation of the source material. Yeah, the MCU films deviate- but mostly in good ways, or in ways so small it doesn't matter. Fox just butchers the comics every time. They're good films, just not good X-Men films.

Days of Future Past was an amazing film, but barely had any similarity with the comic.
LostGear
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Avengers bore me
Rlove95
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
X-men definitely. Avengers was good but I didn't like it as much as other people did. I haven't watched the new X-Men yet but I really liked X-Men First Class, more than I liked Avengers. However if we're counting Iron Man and all the other movies included in Avengers then I'd have to say Avengers wins but if purely looking at X-Men and Avengers Assemble, X-Men wins for me.
ash92:)
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Damn, I like them both. Perhaps Avengers more though...RD Jr. is a legend and Avengers is much more grand, also having something happening every few minutes, be it comedy, action or both.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (620)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (775)
42.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.77%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.45%

Watched Threads