Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help! My bully is going to be living in the same block as me Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have known this girl for many years now and she's always humiliated me. She knows that she's smarter than me and looks down on me. She makes me the butt end of jokes, uses my incorrectness to show off her intelligence, sees me as 'competition' (she said this to my face ) and its made me really self conscious about speaking in a group of people since secondary school. I've avoided her like the plague so much.
    By some very unfortunate coincidence we will probably be living very near to each other for university. I'm absolutely gutted and I don't know what to do. I have social anxiety and am really going to try hard to make new friends and come out of my shell (which is 100x more difficult cause I'll be in another country), but with having her around me, I feel like crawling back in to avoid feeling terrible about myself.
    We are both international students and the university we are going to has a designated block for international students, so there is no way I can find a different place to live.
    Can anybody please help me out? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lettucesoap)
    I have known this girl for many years now and she's always humiliated me. She knows that she's smarter than me and looks down on me. She makes me the butt end of jokes, uses my incorrectness to show off her intelligence, sees me as 'competition' (she said this to my face ) and its made me really self conscious about speaking in a group of people since secondary school. I've avoided her like the plague so much.
    By some very unfortunate coincidence we will probably be living very near to each other for university. I'm absolutely gutted and I don't know what to do. I have social anxiety and am really going to try hard to make new friends and come out of my shell (which is 100x more difficult cause I'll be in another country), but with having her around me, I feel like crawling back in to avoid feeling terrible about myself.
    We are both international students and the university we are going to has a designated block for international students, so there is no way I can find a different place to live.
    Can anybody please help me out? Thanks
    Try to make yourself look like the victim and people will feel sorry for you and dislike her. Be very very nice to everyone else as well.

ReputationRep:
    designated block for international students? tell them to stick it and get you an equal treatment

ReputationRep:
    Are you shore it's the same block? Not the same complex as long as she is not in your corridor or floor you should be ok in my first yer I hardly met anyone from the floors above me and only one or two from the other blocks in the complex 3 tower blocks (ABC) bully's do not last long at uni I know from experiance.

ReputationRep:
    You say you've avoided her - how often does she pick on you? Is it still continuing?

Also, does she only pick on you - is there anybody else during your school years that she's bullied before?

I haven't been bullied badly but met people who I know don't like me.

I've found that acting confident makes people less likely to target you.

They also matured and we ended up having a nice conversation.
    She could also be so excited starting uni that eventually she'll make her own friends and you do too.

I know it can be hard but personally I wouldn't want to be affected by this as it'll make your experience of uni worse which is not what you want.

Hope this helps!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.