Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, anyone going to be living in Brunel Court this September or stayed in them previously?!

ReputationRep:
    I am First year in September!

ReputationRep:
    Cool, what kind of ac

ReputationRep:
    Cool, what kind of accommodation have you gone for?! What will you be studying?!

ReputationRep:
    I am staying in a single studio (because it is cheap and I can cook weird foods without people complaining haha!) I am studying TESOL and Korean )

ReputationRep:
    What about you?

ReputationRep:
    I've gone for the single studio too :-) Did you actually visit the place, cause I didn't?! Decent, I'm doing Art & Design (Foundation Entry) - with the main focus of Interior Design

ReputationRep:
    Ohh cool! I studied a Foundation Diploma in Art and Design last last year! I focused on Fine Art though. Yeah I went for an open day and applicant day. I looked around a normal en suite room in Brunel and it was a good size and everything One of the best things is that there is a big fabric and hobby shop (Arkham) right next to the building and a poundstretcher and aldi right next to that! I'll bring my sewing machine hehe! The uni is only down the road and so it the high street and train station

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay, decent......did you enjoy it?! Everything sounds so good, I'm looking forward to it even more now :-) Your the first person I've found, lol! Have you found anyone else?!

ReputationRep:
    Did I enjoy the applicant day or the Foundation? I'll answer both :P

The applicant days were good because I got to meet some teachers and applicants and also got to walk around Preston

I did my foundation at my local college/uni so it will be different at UCLan. I really liked the course all in all but I think it depends on the individual because I had a year away from studying so it took me a while to find my feet and get back in the working mode! I'm sure you will be fine!

I have found people on my course but nobody other than you staying in Brunel

ReputationRep:
    I meant the course but glad you answered both :-)

That's something I wanted to do but didn't get chance to, unfortunately.

Oh okay, fair enough. How come you're going down a different route now?! I am very much looking forward to it though :-) I'm 24 so been out of education for a good while, how old are you?!

I've also found a couple people on the same course as me, which is good :-)

ReputationRep:
    Me me me flat 115 I think I'm in xx

ReputationRep:
    Well It is because I see art as a tool that I can use in many different jobs. Although I specialized in fine art, I am quite a well rounded artist, I am good at most things, but I am not excellent in any :P I also want to see art as a hobby and something to help me when work gets too much haha!

When I first got into Korean culture, my life was spiraling downwards, and learning the language, culture, and cooking the food really encouraged me to keep fighting I also wanted to teach English when I was in secondary school. I got an A in GCSE (which was great for someone who was in average classes) but when I moved onto sixth form all the rest of the students were from higher groups and that dream got pushed out because I doubted myself. Now I have learnt in the past year not to doubt myself and here I am, combining new dreams of Korea and old dreams of teaching into one!

Geez, I am sorry, that was sooo long! I haven't found anyone else in Brunel but I have from my course. I am 19, 20 on the start of welcome week! :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 02nnatasha)
    Me me me flat 115 I think I'm in xx
    Good to meet you! I think im in 300 and something flat, but I can't remember the exact number, it's on my tenancy agreement wherever that is! speaking of tenancy agreements, do you know when we have to send them off?

What course are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    02NNatasha: Sweet, is that a shared flat or a single studio?! What course are you doing?! x x

Foodfortheseoul: That's a great way in thinking and fair enough. I might be asking you for help, throughout the start of my course :-p

That sounds amazing about how you got into Korean culture.......although not so good about the whole English situation, you should never be made to feel like that. Maths was my subject at school, I loved it......not something I wanted to pursue as a career though.

That's okay, no need to be sorry. We've both found Natasha now :-) Ah cool, I'm 24.....bit of an oldie so to speak :-) x x

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I don't even know which flat I'm in! Lol! And just to let you guys know, if you wasn't aware........the move in date is the 19th but I've asked if I could move in a week earlier so I'm there for Freshers' week :-) x x

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, okay I will give them a call to ask them if I can do the same I would like to move in on the afternoon of the 14th but that is a Sunday so I don't know if they will let me. Ooh I'll help you if I can :P

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I wouldn't have known but I got a call from the uni and they told me I should ask to move in earlier :-) They should, I don't see why that would be a problem. And thanks :-D

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys
    I'm doing counselling and phschotherapy studies , how about you? I'm also 23 so a bit older than the norm, been a bit worried about that, I'm stayed in a shared flat xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foodfortheseoul)
    Good to meet you! I think im in 300 and something flat, but I can't remember the exact number, it's on my tenancy agreement wherever that is! speaking of tenancy agreements, do you know when we have to send them off?

What course are you doing?

Heeeey
    Counselling course how about you? Nice to be speaking to you !! I've recently sent mine off , need to be in as soon as, send it to the Liverpool address on the tenancy xx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.