bloody hard it was.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
****ing solid.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
solid, that central concepts was killer?

post answers here.
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Central concepts hard? What about that unifying concepts paper, and that essay question about exercise and blood vessels. Aren't there many people on this bourd who do biology? Compared to maths, there are barely any messages for biology.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
i just waffled through it although i could only manage 1/2 page on blood vessels and exercise, where the **** did they get that question from, ive never been taught about it.

that road question with all those plants was hard as well i completely messed up on the transect bit i wrote every transect going as an answer.

i missed all the **** at the end about genes because i ran out of time.
unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I find it bloody hard through, especially in Central Concept.

Unfortunately no another choice to re-sit again. This time is my 2nd time sitting but I couldn't ask for an improvement... I am afraid that I'll lose a lot of marks...

By the way Unifying Concepts was okay but not a killer paper, Central Concept is!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
agree central concepts was very hard. UC was ok.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
central concepts was the nicest paper going - it could have been so much worse - UC yeh it always gonna be tough and you just have to waffle and hope all goes well
Peeved Off Pete
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Found central concepts pretty gud, twoz a fair test of ability. The unifyin concepts woz a load of kablamo! That question on blood vessles woz badly worded, it didnt make clear whether u were meant to b talkin bout the blood inside the vessles or the changin structure of the vessels.
And those genotypes were stupidly hard!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
**** me central concepts, what a piece of piss, got an A easy, But jesus christ UC was the biggest ***** of a ****er ever, u call that an xam paper? It was ****ing hard
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Central was brilliant, I was really pleased with that.......but then came 2 the unifying & that was ...um....lets just say I went through and answered what I was pretty sure about to begin with & then looked & I had answered about 4 small parts of questions out of the whole thing!!!!
The exercise blood vessel question was just stupid - is that anywhere in any text book?!!?!!?
I don't think I've babbled so much crap in all my life!! Or seen am exam paper that was mostly on nothing we've ever done! Let's just hope the grade boundaries come down - cos i need an A!!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
hopefully the grade boundries will come down for UC.
CC had 4 ****in massive questions i hate them, in the end i just could not be bothered. krebs cycle my ass, how can you right 15 lines on a ****in krebs cycle and not be allowed to draw it??
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Thank God someone else found it hard. Oh my GOD that unifying Concepts question on the Blood Vessels what? How and the Krebs Cycle was so mean not being able to draw it. The Central Concepts was hard but better than the unifying Concepts which was killer. I went through the paper thinking CRAP.

Hopefully as we all found it hard the Grade Boundries will fall. Alll those long answer questions were horrible. I need a B and due to the amount of blatant blagging I did on that paper I dont think it is gonna happen.

excuse my language but bugger
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
thought the central concepts paper was OK

Didnt enjoy the unifying concepts paper, thought it was a mickey-mouse paper. And on the last Q., identifying the dihybrid alleles - i thought that gene 1 contradictes gene 2 and vice versa
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
the gene was a load of ****, i really dont kno what drugs ocr are on
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
just to add my name here, Unifying Concepts was horrific!
really bad!! not so sure about Central concepts, as someone else said, it could have been a whole lot worse - i actually liked that Kreb's cycle question! i can't do chi bloody squared tests though! never mind - i need an A! fingers crossed, i'm not too hopeful. i resat Human Health and Transport so hopefully i should get some extra marks from them. Transport was the easier paper ever!
Lost Soul
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
I thought the UC paper was not bad overall BUT i think it would be interesting to see if the last question was in fact set correctly because I saw a biology teacher strugling with it while we were doing the questions!!!

hope this is a reasonably good sign
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
UC was just completely impossible. i'm sure there was a mistake in the last question on genes and we have definately not be taught baout blood vessel change during excercise...god im supposed to do well. how the hell am i gona get into uni with a paper like that?? all i can hope is that the pass marks get lowered. GRRR
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (298)
34.1%
No (576)
65.9%

Watched Threads