Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I've recently met a guy, but the only problem is he is shorter than me. I don't mind when we're together it doesn't even come into consideration. We get on like a house on fire, have a lot of things in common, and genuinely like each. I know for me he makes me really happy because I often catch myself smiling for no reason.

Anyways we popped to the supermarket and everyone was staring which made me feel really self conscious that they were staring at the height difference between us.

Do you think its odd for a girl to be taller than a guy? or have we come to a point in time where people don't care?

Thanks for reading/answering.

F**K what society thinks that a guy should be taller and the girl should be shorter malarky. If you like him and he likes you and it doesn't bother neither of you so be it!

Good luck
    T.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've recently met a guy, but the only problem is he is shorter than me. I don't mind when we're together it doesn't even come into consideration. We get on like a house on fire, have a lot of things in common, and genuinely like each. I know for me he makes me really happy because I often catch myself smiling for no reason.

Anyways we popped to the supermarket and everyone was staring which made me feel really self conscious that they were staring at the height difference between us.

Do you think its odd for a girl to be taller than a guy? or have we come to a point in time where people don't care?

Have you heard about a Brazilian girl and guy? She's about 6'8 and the guy is 5'4 and they're engaged so....

Honestly just because it's not common, it does not mean that your relationship is bad in anyway. I think you should ignore them
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I doubt that they were surveying your difference in height. Perhaps they were looking for the Cheese Isle, but definitely not caring about either of your heights.

In reality you're insecure which is manifesting itself into Paranoia. Really unless he's 4ft you need to suck it up, because if you do get on like a 'house on fire' then I'm sure you can accept him for who he is.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

Don't hesitate, height is but a... measurement. If you like him I shouldn't eve worry you, it s a social construct that the boy must be taller than the girl. Don't deny your feeling because it is not "normal".

ReputationRep:
    F**K what society thinks that a guy should be taller and the girl should be shorter malarky. If you like him and he likes you and it doesn't bother neither of you so be it!

Good luck
    T.
    You know that everyone can see that you've responded to your own thread?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Politricks)
    Fail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Politricks)
    :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    What sort of difference though? A couple of inches, and there is no real issue. A couple of feet, then society might start to question it. Ultimately, as long as you are both happy, who cares?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.