Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ovarian cyst or something else? Watch

So I'm a bit worried that I might have an ovarian cyst or something else wrong with me. I'm 19 & was diagnosed with PCOS about 2 years ago but nothing was done I was just told to loose weight which I have & my periods have become regular (but started the pill last month anyway).

Anyway, I have abdominal & pelvic pains sometimes..they were really bad about 2 months ago, I thought it was just the PCOS. Also, about 4 months ago I had sex & it hurt afterwards which I've never had before...then I realized that my cervix was really low & has been since then (about an inch in). 2 months ago I went for an STI check & the nurse confirmed that my cervix was quite low but looked normal & the pains could be mittelschmerz . She said if it continued I should go to my gp for a check because it's unusual for someone my age & for peace of mind. (I have sex regularly now & it can be a bit uncomfortable sometimes but doesn't hurt, I presume because of the low cervix). Also, recently I've noticed that I feel full all the time (although I know when my body is hungry because I get the shakes when I am) & the bottom of my stomach sticks out a bit like I'm bloated. I've taken the morning after pill three times in the last 9 months but don't know if that's relevant (trying to give as much info as I can!).

I've been planning to go to my GP but just haven't had time & they only do on the day bookings & it's half an hour away from me. I will go soon though. I just want some answers in the meantime. Could it be an ovarian cyst or something else?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure of the symptoms of a cyst other than pain, but I think that a simple ultrasound scan can usually pick one up. If you go to your GP they will most probably refer you to get an ultrasound, so you can find out for sure. Don't put it off!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.