ReputationRep:
    I'm studying... Maths, English, Physics, Computing Science, Geography and English. After summer I will be in 5th year here in Scotland (which is equivalent to lower sixth I think)

I'm interested in... maths and computing (specifically the software side of computing). In terms of extracurricular stuff I love playing golf, my saxophone and training in taekwondo!

I'm thinking about... studying computing at university although I'm trying to keep as many options open as possible!
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SleepingStag)
    I'm studying... Maths, English, Physics, Computing Science, Geography and English. After summer I will be in 5th year here in Scotland (which is equivalent to lower sixth I think)

I'm interested in... maths and computing (specifically the software side of computing). In terms of extracurricular stuff I love playing golf, my saxophone and training in taekwondo!

I'm thinking about... studying computing at university although I'm trying to keep as many options open as possible!
    Hi, and welcome to :tsr: !!!

You'll find loads of interesting forums here on TSR, so explore and get involved
    What subjects are you going to be taking in 5th year?
    Did you have exams before summer?

If you have any questions then please ask :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Thanks very much, this seems to be an awesome community and I can't wait to get involved!

I'm taking maths, English, physics, computing science, geography and accounting (highers) next year; some of the courses such as computing will be the newer revised higher course so once again no past papers for me

I say once again because I've just finished a year of being the guinea pigs for the new national 5s as well... Fingers crossed they won't suddenly change some of the course in January again like they did this year...

Again, thanks for welcoming me!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SleepingStag)
    Hey! Thanks very much, this seems to be an awesome community and I can't wait to get involved!

I'm taking maths, English, physics, computing science, geography and accounting (highers) next year; some of the courses such as computing will be the newer revised higher course so once again no past papers for me

I say once again because I've just finished a year of being the guinea pigs for the new national 5s as well... Fingers crossed they won't suddenly change some of the course in January again like they did this year...

Again, thanks for welcoming me!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    N'aw, you're welcome

I'm not sure how much of it will be helpful as your courses are all new, but you might want to check out the study help sections for some general knowledge surrounding the topics :yep:

Also, a little tip for making things easier when replying to posts, you see at the bottom of my post (and every other one) there is a little reply button, and a quotation button? If you press one of those, then when you write your reply I (or whoever's post you were replying to) will get a notification so they know to have a look

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gingerbread101)
    N'aw, you're welcome

I'm not sure how much of it will be helpful as your courses are all new, but you might want to check out the study help sections for some general knowledge surrounding the topics :yep:

Also, a little tip for making things easier when replying to posts, you see at the bottom of my post (and every other one) there is a little reply button, and a quotation button? If you press one of those, then when you write your reply I (or whoever's post you were replying to) will get a notification so they know to have a look
    Ahh I see... That makes more sense haha! Thanks for the advice, I'll be sure to check it out

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered welcome lounge threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.