Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Okay, so I met this girl through a friend at uni. I'm not ridiculously shallow (maybe I am) but there were things about her that just made me not attracted to her. 1) She had a lot of dark hair on the side of her face, almost like sideburns. 2) She has abnormally large teeth. 3) Pretty large chin. 4) Large earlobes.

No, I am not perfect and yes I do have my own faults. However, none of the faults I listed above remotely bother me now. I genuinely like this girl, a lot. However, due to her religion, we can't have a relationship more than being friends. So I'm not quite sure where to go with this. I have to get over her in that sense, so I keep reminding myself of her faults but It doesn't work. We're going out on Wednesday to watch A Fault in Our Stars (cringe), and I'm really looking forward to it, but I feel like I shouldn't. What should I do?

ReputationRep:
    Indians have big ears dude. I say go for the movie (if that is a movie). It's not the end of the world.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    how devout is she to her religion, what age are you two and how long has this religion hindered pseudo-relationship gone on for?
    (apologies for the nosiness, but it'll help future advice, if you don't want to say that's fine)

ReputationRep:
    Just go for the movie, it's an Orange Wednesday :woo:
    Enjoy :yep:

ReputationRep:
    How does she feel about you, before we take this any further?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Okay, so I met this girl through a friend at uni. I'm not ridiculously shallow (maybe I am) but there were things about her that just made me not attracted to her. 1) She had a lot of dark hair on the side of her face, almost like sideburns. 2) She has abnormally large teeth. 3) Pretty large chin. 4) Large earlobes.

No, I am not perfect and yes I do have my own faults. However, none of the faults I listed above remotely bother me now. I genuinely like this girl, a lot. However, due to her religion, we can't have a relationship more than being friends. So I'm not quite sure where to go with this. I have to get over her in that sense, so I keep reminding myself of her faults but It doesn't work. We're going out on Wednesday to watch A Fault in Our Stars (cringe), and I'm really looking forward to it, but I feel like I shouldn't. What should I do?
    Why do you feel so guilty about not being attracted to someone? It isn't your choice. You make it sound here like going out with people you are attracted to is evil and wrong and makes you a bad person.

(Original post by RedArrow)
    Indians have big ears dude. I say go for the movie (if that is a movie). It's not the end of the world.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lmfao. I love how you guessed where she's from straight away.

(Original post by tearteto)
    how devout is she to her religion, what age are you two and how long has this religion hindered pseudo-relationship gone on for?
    (apologies for the nosiness, but it'll help future advice, if you don't want to say that's fine)
    It's more so her parents than her, but she doesn't plan on going against it any time soon. We're both 20 and we've been friends for 3 years now.

(Original post by RHyoudon'kno)
    How does she feel about you, before we take this any further?
    I haven't really asked. But whenever we're together we always laugh and have a great time. She's called me attractive in the past too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I haven't really asked. But whenever we're together we always laugh and have a great time. She's called me attractive in the past too.
    I'd say find out first. Then ask me again.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.