Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I think i am going to get kicked out of collage any advice Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am currently studying on a level 3 betec course at collage in the uk , i knew i had missed some work but i did not think it would be a lot, at the start of this week i was email the list of the 7 peaces of work i have to complete before the end of team i have been working through this work all week,but collage ended yesterday and i still have work to had in. will i get kicked out for this?, any advice?, thanks for your help in advance.

ReputationRep:
    Try emailing the pieces of work to them with a sincere apology and an explanation of why they were so late... that's what I would do. I am sure you won't get kicked out because they get funding for every child they get through the system

ReputationRep:
    I don't know honestly, on my course you had to pass all work first year to get onto the second year and since you haven't handed it in it will be classed as a referral meaning no second year, not sure it that's my college or just Btec rules.

ReputationRep:
    *College.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you failed. Why would you let yourself fall so far behind?

ReputationRep:
    I have few friends that did btec

If you fail they try to inform you and get you to give the work. If you don't have at least a P (I think it's called) they kick you out

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trustno1)
    I have few friends that did btec

If you fail they try to inform you and get you to give the work. If you don't have at least a P (I think it's called) they kick you out

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Unless you have finished all work to criteria, colleges generally kick you out. A lot of colleges have higher requirements for students where they are expected to earn merits and sometimes distinctions to be let on to the second year. It's best to ask your tutor.

But considering the fact that many people complete higher than pass, and if you didn't even get that then maybe you should really consider why you are at college in the first place if this is not a priority for you?

ReputationRep:
    Try improving your grammar first

ReputationRep:
    The lecturers at my college were so scared of getting a bad reputation that they made all the students who hadn't finished their work come in during the first week of the summer holiday.

If you email it in, you'll probably get away with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thefakejonnycash)
    I am currently studying on a level 3 betec course at collage in the uk , i knew i had missed some work
    Was any of that work regarding grammar or spelling? I get the feeling that the levels 1 and 2 of your betec course that you studied at collage in the uk , didn't include the IT skills necessary for using the handy spell check incorporated into the post/ reply function.

You should consider writing to the MP of Collage in the UK and inform him or her of your concerns.

ReputationRep:
    How did you get in if you spelling College as "Collage" :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thefakejonnycash)
    I am currently studying on a level 3 betec course at collage in the uk , i knew i had missed some work but i did not think it would be a lot, at the start of this week i was email the list of the 7 peaces of work i have to complete before the end of team i have been working through this work all week,but collage ended yesterday and i still have work to had in. will i get kicked out for this?, any advice?, thanks for your help in advance.
    Yes you probably will be kicked out.

ReputationRep:
    I wish I could slap you round the head with a dictionary.

ReputationRep:
    Okay. I'll reply seriously. Are you in first or second year?

Either way - email the lecturers and ask for permission before you email them any work, you don't want to come across as rude.

However I am serious when I say that you should consider using spell check when you communicate with your lecturers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaughingBro)
    *College.
    (Original post by cdude)
    C'mon guys, is this really constructive? They're going through a crisis, maybe they rushed the typing a bit? :P

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    If you had gone to my college you would have been kicked out the moment a piece of coursework had not been handed in for 2 weeks past its original deadline. You will probably be kicked out and so the only advice I can give you is maybe try to start again at college and don't mess up and get so far behind this time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaughingBro)
    *College.
    That's very useful advice....I'm sure that's what he was looking for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mynameisntdoug)
    Unless you have finished all work to criteria, colleges generally kick you out. A lot of colleges have higher requirements for students where they are expected to earn merits and sometimes distinctions to be let on to the second year. It's best to ask your tutor.

But considering the fact that many people complete higher than pass, and if you didn't even get that then maybe you should really consider why you are at college in the first place if this is not a priority for you?
    I said few of my friends do btec. I don't do btecs I think you misunderstood.

I have also finished college and planning to go university so...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trustno1)
    I said few of my friends do btec. I don't do btecs I think you misunderstood.

I have also finished college and planning to go university so...
    My post was aimed at the OP, not you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cdude)
    'Orthography' would be a better fit... just sayin'.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Features

Blinkered horse

Take off your BTEC blinkers

Find out the truth behind the BTEC myths.

Polling station sign

BTEC essentials

What you really need to know about studying BTEC.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.