what degree did he get?
History. I don't know what grade.
villarde
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Ali G went to my school
WOW that is amazing, how cool !!!
Did he wear the condom onhis head then too ?
:cool:
villarde
(Original post by bono)
History. I don't know what grade.
You know everything Bono. Are you a internet search master ?
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
And how could we debate this when we don't even have a common meaning for "cleverness" [your wording not mine]

And you specifically said Ali G, not Cohen.
Well, you have your own views on what cleverness is. I will have mine.

BTW: Ali G is Sasha Baren Cohen.

A fictious character's "supposed" cleverness cannot then be compared to someone who is human.
randdom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
135 not that it really means anything

The guy who plays ali G was in my old music teachers class
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by villarde)
WOW that is amazing, how cool !!!
Did he wear the condom onhis head then too ?
:cool:
Err... no
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You know everything Bono. Are you a internet search master ?
no
Ralfskini
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
Emotional quotient

Fair enough.

I have read about a so-called Encephalisation Quotient which measures 'intelligence' by finding the ratio between brain size and body mass. So it is used to compare interspecific intelligence.

We have smaller brains than hippos, for example, but due to their increased 'bulk' we have a considerably greater EQ.
villarde
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Err... no
Oh ok just nowadays then
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bono)
Well, you have your own views on what cleverness is. I will have mine.

BTW: Ali G is Sasha Baren Cohen.

A fictious character's "supposed" cleverness cannot then be compared to someone who is human.
That's not a very productive start to the debate.

1. Well duh...therefore I use Cohen.

2. You used teh exact words: "Ali G" or Tony Blair. You should have made it amply clear that it was Cohen you were talking about.
GH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ralfskini)
Fair enough.

I have read about a so-called Encephalisation Quotient which measures 'intelligence' by finding the ratio between brain size and body mass. So it is used to compare interspecific intelligence.

We have smaller brains than hippos, for example, but due to their increased 'bulk' we have a considerably greater EQ.
Yours meaning a number reflecting the increase in brain size over and beyond that explainable by an increase in body size. Well I was referring to EQ, Emotional intelligence, quotient etc. that variance of EQ.
villarde
(Original post by 2776)
And how could we debate this when we don't even have a common meaning for "cleverness" [your wording not mine]

And you specifically said Ali G, not Cohen.
I think that 2667 is winning with one point

i am the ref... lol
villarde
(Original post by 2776)
Yours meaning a number reflecting the increase in brain size over and beyond that explainable by an increase in body size. Well I was referring to EQ, Emotional intelligence, quotient etc. that variance of EQ.
EQ ???
AI - Artifical Intelligence
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
That's not a very productive start to the debate.

1. Well duh...therefore I use Cohen.

2. You used teh exact words: "Ali G" of Tony Blair. You should have made it amply clear that it was Cohen you were talking about.
How is the comment "define cleverness" a productive way to start the debate when the debate ultimately revolves around what your opinions are of judging one's "cleverness" ?

2.) It was clear. Ali G is Sasha Baren Cohen. Ali G isn't a character in a book. He is the guy on TV acting like a ghetto boy. That guy who acts as a ghetto boy has a brain. that is the brain of sasha baren cohen because he is sasha baren cohen.
Ralfskini
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776)

Nice use of google. I salute you. http://www.webref.org/anthropology/e...n_quotient.htm
GH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
EQ ???
EQ, Emotional Intelligence, EI, Emotional IQ, Social Intelligence -- These terms are often used interchangeably.
villarde
(Original post by bono)
How is the comment "define cleverness" a productive way to start the debate when the debate ultimately revolves around what your opinions are of judging one's "cleverness" ?

2.) It was clear. Ali G is Sasha Baren Cohen. Ali G isn't a character in a book. He is the guy on TV acting like a ghetto boy. That guy who acts as a ghetto boy has a brain. that is the brain of sasha baren cohen because he is sasha baren cohen.
Let me get this clear in my head

Ali G is Sasha Baren Cohen...

Damn this forum is good...
villarde
(Original post by Ralfskini)
Nice use of google. I salute you. http://www.webref.org/anthropology/e...n_quotient.htm
Your all just really good search masters...
crana
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I got 358

Check me
GH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bono)

Well first of all, you obviously thought long and hard about this topic.

1. We have a problem, your question was "Who was cleverer" now, since we have differing opinions of the word "cleverness" we cannot and will not come to an agreement, that much from you I know.

2. The portrayal of Ali G by SBC is different to SBC himself. By saying Ali G, you were referring to the character potrayed by SBC. From that it was clear.

You are clearly back pedalling furiously now.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (70)
47.3%
Take exams next summer (26)
17.57%
Change uni choice through clearing (34)
22.97%
Apply to uni next year instead (14)
9.46%
I'm not applying to university (4)
2.7%

Watched Threads