ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    what degree did he get?
    History. I don't know what grade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_watson87)
    Ali G went to my school
    WOW that is amazing, how cool !!!
    Did he wear the condom onhis head then too ?
    :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    History. I don't know what grade.
    You know everything Bono. Are you a internet search master ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    And how could we debate this when we don't even have a common meaning for "cleverness" [your wording not mine]

And you specifically said Ali G, not Cohen.
    Well, you have your own views on what cleverness is. I will have mine.

BTW: Ali G is Sasha Baren Cohen.

A fictious character's "supposed" cleverness cannot then be compared to someone who is human.

ReputationRep:
    135 not that it really means anything

The guy who plays ali G was in my old music teachers class

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by villarde)
    WOW that is amazing, how cool !!!
    Did he wear the condom onhis head then too ?
    :cool:
    Err... no

ReputationRep:
    You know everything Bono. Are you a internet search master ?
    no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Emotional quotient

Fair enough.

I have read about a so-called Encephalisation Quotient which measures 'intelligence' by finding the ratio between brain size and body mass. So it is used to compare interspecific intelligence.

We have smaller brains than hippos, for example, but due to their increased 'bulk' we have a considerably greater EQ.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_watson87)
    Err... no
    Oh ok just nowadays then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    Well, you have your own views on what cleverness is. I will have mine.

BTW: Ali G is Sasha Baren Cohen.

A fictious character's "supposed" cleverness cannot then be compared to someone who is human.
    That's not a very productive start to the debate.

1. Well duh...therefore I use Cohen.

2. You used teh exact words: "Ali G" or Tony Blair. You should have made it amply clear that it was Cohen you were talking about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralfskini)
    Fair enough.

I have read about a so-called Encephalisation Quotient which measures 'intelligence' by finding the ratio between brain size and body mass. So it is used to compare interspecific intelligence.

We have smaller brains than hippos, for example, but due to their increased 'bulk' we have a considerably greater EQ.
    Yours meaning a number reflecting the increase in brain size over and beyond that explainable by an increase in body size. Well I was referring to EQ, Emotional intelligence, quotient etc. that variance of EQ.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    And how could we debate this when we don't even have a common meaning for "cleverness" [your wording not mine]

And you specifically said Ali G, not Cohen.
    I think that 2667 is winning with one point

i am the ref... lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Yours meaning a number reflecting the increase in brain size over and beyond that explainable by an increase in body size. Well I was referring to EQ, Emotional intelligence, quotient etc. that variance of EQ.
    EQ ???
    AI - Artifical Intelligence

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    That's not a very productive start to the debate.

1. Well duh...therefore I use Cohen.

2. You used teh exact words: "Ali G" of Tony Blair. You should have made it amply clear that it was Cohen you were talking about.
    How is the comment "define cleverness" a productive way to start the debate when the debate ultimately revolves around what your opinions are of judging one's "cleverness" ?

2.) It was clear. Ali G is Sasha Baren Cohen. Ali G isn't a character in a book. He is the guy on TV acting like a ghetto boy. That guy who acts as a ghetto boy has a brain. that is the brain of sasha baren cohen because he is sasha baren cohen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)

Nice use of google. I salute you. http://www.webref.org/anthropology/e...n_quotient.htm

ReputationRep:
    EQ ???
    EQ, Emotional Intelligence, EI, Emotional IQ, Social Intelligence -- These terms are often used interchangeably.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    How is the comment "define cleverness" a productive way to start the debate when the debate ultimately revolves around what your opinions are of judging one's "cleverness" ?

2.) It was clear. Ali G is Sasha Baren Cohen. Ali G isn't a character in a book. He is the guy on TV acting like a ghetto boy. That guy who acts as a ghetto boy has a brain. that is the brain of sasha baren cohen because he is sasha baren cohen.
    Let me get this clear in my head

Ali G is Sasha Baren Cohen...

Damn this forum is good...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralfskini)
    Nice use of google. I salute you. http://www.webref.org/anthropology/e...n_quotient.htm
    Your all just really good search masters...

I got 358

Check me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)

Well first of all, you obviously thought long and hard about this topic.

1. We have a problem, your question was "Who was cleverer" now, since we have differing opinions of the word "cleverness" we cannot and will not come to an agreement, that much from you I know.

2. The portrayal of Ali G by SBC is different to SBC himself. By saying Ali G, you were referring to the character potrayed by SBC. From that it was clear.

You are clearly back pedalling furiously now.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.