Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Problem with eating food Watch

I'm having problems with food. I'm a normalish weight and height, not too skinny but not obese either.
    After getting out of hospital, I realised I'd lost about 10kg of weight. I was seriously so slim and I loved my new body. However, over the exam period I gained it all back again.
    Recently, I've noticed that I've been obsessively calorie counting. I have days when I'll hardly eat anything and then other days I binge and eat more than I should. After doing this I hate myself so much and I really don't know why. The other day for lunch at my work placement, I ordered a medium-sized plate of chips. Immediately after that, I felt disgusted with myself and made myself walk back home from where I was as punishment. I would normally take the bus home. I checked the distance I'd walked when I got back and it was over 10 miles.
    It's starting to take over my life. I'll have a good day when I've eaten almost nothing for breakfast, lunch and dinner and then late in the evening I'll binge on cheerios and chocolate digestives. I'll then spend the rest of the evening hating myself.

What's wrong with me? How can I stop doing this to myself?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like it's linked to depression or anxiety. I'd see the doctor and try and get into a consistent routine whereby you eat the same amount each day and see eating healthily as a positive thing.

What you can do without help from a GP etc. is to make sure you eat 3 meals at set times - doing this should mean that you're full as well so you won't need to binge.

(Original post by Tom78)
    Sounds like it's linked to depression or anxiety. I'd see the doctor and try and get into a consistent routine whereby you eat the same amount each day and see eating healthily as a positive thing.

What you can do without help from a GP etc. is to make sure you eat 3 meals at set times - doing this should mean that you're full as well so you won't need to binge.
    The problem is that I binge even when I'm full :/

I'd love to see a doctor about this, but I don't want my mum knowing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    The problem is that I binge even when I'm full :/

I'd love to see a doctor about this, but I don't want my mum knowing.
    The GP's completely anonymous, they have a duty not to tell anyone.

(Original post by Tom78)
    The GP's completely anonymous, they have a duty not to tell anyone.
    Right, ok. I think I may go

:bump:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.