Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Software used for playlists in retail stores? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm trying to track down the software that retail chains such as McDonalds, Costa and Gap use to create playlists of music. Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by special1ne)
    Hi, I'm trying to track down the software that retail chains such as McDonalds, Costa and Gap use to create playlists of music. Any ideas?
    itunes

ReputationRep:
    A lot of chains have theyre own radio station.
    I know pizza hut by mine literally plugs in an ipod to an auxillary or ipod dock or something.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What a weird question

Windows media player and loop? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Costa uses Mood Media. I imagine there are many such companies around, no idea about McDonalds or Gap, as they didn't have handy Googleable case studies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by russellsteapot)
    Costa uses Mood Media. I imagine there are many such companies around, no idea about McDonalds or Gap, as they didn't have handy Googleable case studies.
    Thanks russellsteapot, and other repliers. I found out, through Google searching, about Imagesound, which was what I had in mind. If anyone knows what CeX plays then that would be awesome. Really hard to track down their songs without Shazam :p:

ReputationRep:
    CeX tend to play a wide variety of rock songs. I've heard a lot of classics, and also some alternatives. I've been in there once and heard an entire band's album being played, so I believe they may just use random CDs or playlists that they came up with on the spot :P

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 7, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.