Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Living costs for Barcelona? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'll be living in Barcelona for 3 months early next year. Accommodation and rent will already be sorted, is 120 euros a week enough to live on? Will have shared apartment so will have a kitchen etc.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely! I was an au pair last summer... so food and transport was mostly paid for, but I survived on 50 euros a week.

Transport is cheap (very cheap if you are in zone 1), if you'll be getting buses or metro alot, a weekly pass or a pass with a certain amount of journeys on it is WAY cheaper!

Eating out is cheap enough. Much cheaper than the UK. Shopping and toiletries are cheap too. So is wine!

However, doing touristy things such as all the Gaudi stuff will set you back a bit!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stargirl_)
    Definitely! I was an au pair last summer... so food and transport was mostly paid for, but I survived on 50 euros a week.

Transport is cheap (very cheap if you are in zone 1), if you'll be getting buses or metro alot, a weekly pass or a pass with a certain amount of journeys on it is WAY cheaper!

Eating out is cheap enough. Much cheaper than the UK. Shopping and toiletries are cheap too. So is wine!

However, doing touristy things such as all the Gaudi stuff will set you back a bit!
    As a ah pair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stargirl_)

As a au pair did you know Spanish or can you just know English?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OHNOGEM)
    As a au pair did you know Spanish or can you just know English?
    I knew just a bit of Spanish... It's good to be able to order food and on buses. Most people speak English though.

And au pair families normally don't want to speak Spanish, cos you'll just end up speaking Spanish to the kids. Depends on the family really.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.