The Student Room Group

Going to weight train without creatine?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SinaPars
They can. But let's be honest, what BB will do this since it doesn't primarily build size? I've trained for years and I've never known or saw a bb do pistol squats in his routine but maybe that's just me, people with other goals generally do it

How do you think size is built? Any exercise can be done for both size and strength.
Reply 41
Original post by illusionz
How do you think size is built? Any exercise can be done for both size and strength.

You just repeated what I said, I said it can but I've never seen a bb do it cause it doesn't primarily build size, they generally look to fixed machines and cables, they just look for size. I'm speaking on behalf of the hardcore bodybuilders, not people with different goals

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by SinaPars
Are you seriously telling me a pistol squat is the same difficulty as a squat? Lol okay. Try one. Let's say you squat 100kg for 12. Go and grab 50kg and pistol squat then you'll see the dissimilarity

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I'm not, but the reason a 50kg pistol is harder than a 100kg squat is not just the strength your legs are, holding 50kg in plates is ridiculous and your balance would be extremely difficult amongst other things.

I've never seen a powerlifter, a bber an Oly lifter do a pistol squat for a programme, only ever as a bit of fun.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
Original post by Angry cucumber
No I'm not, but the reason a 50kg pistol is harder than a 100kg squat is not just the strength your legs are, holding 50kg in plates is ridiculous and your balance would be extremely difficult amongst other things.

I've never seen a powerlifter, a bber an Oly lifter do a pistol squat for a programme, only ever as a bit of fun.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes exactly, it's not just balance it's mobility too, many people can't do one even with no weight

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Slight off topic question but does anyone count their calories when bulking?
Original post by Manchester United
Steroids.

Dat der cell tech herp derp
Original post by mrhedgehog
Slight off topic question but does anyone count their calories when bulking?

Yes. Although you want to be in a caloric surplus, you don't want to be making too much of them fat gains or you may end up on a dreamer bulk.

Quick Reply

Latest