Mod keeps locking my threads Watch

ReputationRep:
    For instance, I noticed I write an equation wrong at equation 8 http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2736101 , easily fixable but I can't because whatever moderator has the grudge on me keeps locking my threads after I create them.

May I get some insight into why this is happening?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I'd laugh if they closed this one.

Maybe you are doing something wrong.

Ask a mod.

ReputationRep:
    In b4 lock

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RHyoudon'kno)
    I'd laugh if they closed this one.

Maybe you are doing something wrong.

Ask a mod.

I can't see what could be wrong? I did spot a mistake I made which is why I would have liked to return to find I can change it... which I can't.

Unless the mod who locked it can show something, some revelation or better yet... a reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jubz1)
    In b4 lock

Writing latex isn't the fastest thing, especially when locating latex-errors.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Graviphoton)
    I can't see what could be wrong? I did spot a mistake I made which is why I would have liked to return to find I can change it... which I can't.

Unless the mod who locked it can show something, some revelation or better yet... a reason.
    Mmm.

Just ask any of them.

ReputationRep:
    Mmm.

Just ask any of them.

What if I ask the wrong one?

ReputationRep:
    Ask all of them. Lol. Write down a list and cross them out as you go along.

Joke btw.

ReputationRep:
    ''Unanimous'' decisions to close down my threads occurred the other day... turned out that decision was over-ruled. Instead now, locking deemed more appropriate.

I assume this was some deal I wasn't let in on?
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Post in the Ask A Moderator forum and one of the Study Help mods will be able to let you have an answer - they'll be the right ones.

ReputationRep:
    Post in Ask a moderator?

ReputationRep:
    ''Unanimous'' decisions to close down my threads occurred the other day... turned out that decision was over-ruled. Instead now, locking deemed more appropriate.

I assume this was some deal I wasn't let in on?
    Alright, how about starting a thread more meaningful this time?

ReputationRep:
    Alright, how about starting a thread more meaningful this time?

If it hadn't been locked, I might have had a chance to expand it over it time.

ReputationRep:
    If it hadn't had been locked, I might have had a chance to expand it over it time.
    To be honest, it seems a little too far fetched. No offence.

ReputationRep:

So you have a revelation you wish to share with us after all?

If it's nothing personal to me, then you must have some tremendous insight into the work. Perhaps you would like to explain with great depth why you consider it is ''far-fetched.''

ReputationRep:
    So you have a revelation you wish to share with us after all?

If it's nothing personal to me, then you must have some tremendous insight into the work. Perhaps you would like to explain with great depth why you consider it is ''far-fetched.''
    Well, if you want me to go...

I just think it's so long and complicated, no one would reply. So, the mods obviously wanted to save you the embarrassment and close it.

ReputationRep:

So this concludes logically your stance as a moderator:

''I just think it's so long and complicated.''

That in your eyes, justifies it being far fetched. You are saying then, it is a far-fetched because you find it complicated?

ReputationRep:
    ... save you the embarrassment and close it.
    ...I'd save yourself from commenting and judging on subjects you openly admit find complicated.

ReputationRep:
    So this concludes logically your stance as a moderator:

''I just think it's so long and complicated.''

That in your eyes, justifies it being far fetched. You are saying then, it is a far-fetched because you find it complicated?
    Well, obviously I'd find it complicated. I have no interest and no idea what you're talking about.

Dude, people don't even read long posts. Your one was long and then some. What more justification do you want?

ReputationRep:
    Well, obviously I'd find it complicated. I have no interest and no idea what you're talking about.

That's no explanation to close someone's thread down. There are currently thousands of posters who pass through here every day. Do you honestly think your power trip isn't obvious?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.