The Student Room Group

Anyone too shy for online dating?

Sounds stupid I would have thought if anything online saying would be hell of a lot easier as you don't have to approach any women like you would in real life. But I find it hard to actually WANT to date any girls it seems even if I get to know a girl really well online and we ge on I don't have the desire to wine and dine them. Tbh the best I can do is ask them round for what is basically will end up being a shag. You can call me immature or whatever but I really would like a girlfriend because loneliness just isn't good for me. The most I ever done on one of these online dating websites is take a girl for a drive thru mcdonalds lol and she doesn't want to know anymore. I'm even way out of her league in my eyes. Yes I'm shy and it feels like I'm the first to experience this dating wall I have seem to have found myself in. Can anyone enlighten me to why I'm doing this to myself?
You sound really young and immature. How old are you?

FFS whatever you do, don't take a girl through a McDonalds drivethrough on a first date (you managed to pick something even worse than eating at McDonalds itself; well done). Even just a simple coffee is miles better.
Reply 2
It was a last minute thing 2 in the morning we had no choice and I'm only taking baby steps right now. I'm 25 btw
Reply 3
Original post by thatrollingstone
You sound really young and immature. How old are you?

FFS whatever you do, don't take a girl through a McDonalds drivethrough on a first date (you managed to pick something even worse than eating at McDonalds itself; well done). Even just a simple coffee is miles better.

Depends where you are. If you live in Preston, for instance, taking a local girl for a McDonalds is regarded in the same way as dining at a Michelin Star restaurant.
Original post by SirMike
Depends where you are. If you live in Preston, for instance, taking a local girl for a McDonalds is regarded in the same way as dining at a Michelin Star restaurant.

So, what would the equivalent of going to McDonalds in london be in preston?
Reply 5
yeah
You made a huge mistake taking a date to McDonalds. Unless you're 16, that's probably not going to go down well.

Online is still not easy for everybody. Even if you're not having to approach in person, the lack of responses is still difficult for some to take. I don't think it's that you don't have the desire to wine and dine them. You're probably just afraid of meeting in person?
Reply 7
Original post by NathanW18
You made a huge mis

Even at 16, if somebody took me there I'd balk :p:
Reply 8
I know mcdonalds was a fail but we were up late talking and she said she wanted to meet I just got my car so that was a slight confidence boost and if we planned something for another time I probably would have ended up bottling it
Original post by samba
Even at 16, if somebody took me there I'd balk :p:

16 year olds tend not to have much money. I think going to McDonalds would be acceptable at that age. I could be wrong.

Original post by Anonymous
I know mcdonalds was a fail but we were up late talking and she said she wanted to meet I just got my car so that was a slight confidence boost and if we planned something for another time I probably would have ended up bottling it

Good job on meeting her. At least you've learnt not to take someone there again. You lack confidence and doing things online doesn't necessarily mean it will be easier.
(edited 9 years ago)

Try to increase your confidence and dont try to hard, be yourself if you dont usually take girls out to dinner then dont do something fun that YOU wana do n just enjoy yourself during the actual date youll find more sucess when youre enjoying urself rather than trying to impress
Reply 11
Sounds stupid I would have thought if anything online saying would be hell of a lot easier as you don't have to approach any women like you would in real life. But I find it hard to actually WANT to date any girls it seems even if I get to know a girl really well online and we ge on I don't have the desire to wine and dine them. Tbh the best I can do is ask them round for what is basically will end up being a shag. You can call me immature or whatever but I really would like a girlfriend because loneliness just isn't good for me. The most I ever done on one of these online dating websites is take a girl for a drive thru mcdonalds lol and she doesn't want to know anymore. I'm even way out of her league in my eyes. Yes I'm shy and it feels like I'm the first to experience this dating wall I have seem to have found myself in. Can anyone enlighten me to why I'm doing this to myself?

tbh the reasons i wouldnt do online dating is not shyness.

1. i'd be worried about friends or family spotting my profile cause they were on there themselves. they then would bring it to my peers/family and then i would be "the one who had trouble finding a nice girl... so he went to the last refuge of lonely hearts... online"

2. people can lie about themselves online. and can be pretty crazy.

3. i think meeting sum1 online is a bit unromantic.

4. i think if we hit it off i'd be paranoid about them meeting someone online while we were together.
Bump. I'm talking to so many girls from online but I don't know what to do. Meeting up would be a waste of time IMO and I couldn't go on a date with them eve if I wanted to. I hate being anxious and shy. My last date said I seemed nervous even though I wasn't whats that about? And I'm talking to a lot of girls out of town so my anxiety would even stop me driving to go and see them. Please tell me I'm not the only one that's incapable of dating and therefore won't go on them. I travelled the internet long and hard to find others with this problem but guess how many I saw? 0

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending