Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Relax or Revise? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I go into Year 10 in September. I expect that I'll have at least Statistics and Science mocks quite soon after I start Year 10.

Should I use the Summer holidays to relax or to revise?

Thank you! :hello:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Relax

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    Relax
    Completely relax? Clear my mind for 6 weeks? Or a bit of revision here and there?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    RELAX!
    You sound like you're dedicated though, that's nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophie !)
    Completely relax? Clear my mind for 6 weeks? Or a bit of revision here and there?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'd say completely relax. Mocks are just for bearings on what you're struggling with and need to focus on really!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somethingunique)
    RELAX!
    You sound like you're dedicated though, that's nice
    Dedicated to school, you mean?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    I'd say completely relax. Mocks are just for bearings on what you're struggling with and need to focus on really!
    True. Okay. Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Dedicated to school, you mean?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah dedicated to your studies, what did you think I meant. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah dedicated to your studies, what did you think I meant. :confused:
    I guess I kind of am. I find it so hard to revise, though. I get distracted and can't concentrate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I guess I kind of am. I find it so hard to revise, though. I get distracted and can't concentrate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    don't worry about it you're only in year 10 (that's not to patronize you in any way at all). You sound hardworking and that's an integral component for success at GCSE level (or A-level for that matter). You'll eventually find a suitable revision technique (cue cards, posters, mind maps, videos, notes, audio notes).

Relax, as a year 10 this is going to be a good summer since you don't have many or any results to worry about. From year 11 and onwards it gets gradually more and more stressful (until 1st year uni I think). Enjoy the freedom whilst you have it. Enjoy it- whether you plan to go abroad or chain watch breaking bad. Just don't worry yourself about these things. The only reason you should ''revise'' is if you happen to love reading up about X subject. In that case- knock yourself out.

ReputationRep:
    don't worry about it you're only in year 10 (that's not to patronize you in any way at all). You sound hardworking and that's an integral component for success at GCSE level (or A-level for that matter). You'll eventually find a suitable revision technique (cue cards, posters, mind maps, videos, notes, audio notes).

Relax, as a year 10 this is going to be a good summer since you don't have many or any results to worry about. From year 11 and onwards it gets gradually more and more stressful (until 1st year uni I think). Enjoy the freedom whilst you have it. Enjoy it- whether you plan to go abroad or chain watch breaking bad. Just don't worry yourself about these things. The only reason you should ''revise'' is if you happen to love reading up about X subject. In that case- knock yourself out.
    Thank you so much. I'll take this advice on board.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

Hi!

I go into Year 10 in September. I expect that I'll have at least Statistics and Science mocks quite soon after I start Year 10.

Should I use the Summer holidays to relax or to revise?

Thank you! :hello:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How soon do you mean? It can't be on like the first two weeks can it? If not, I'd suggest that you completely relax :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much. I'll take this advice on board.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Youre welcome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Rose)
    How soon do you mean? It can't be on like the first two weeks can it? If not, I'd suggest that you completely relax :yep:
    I don't think it will be in the first two weeks, but perhaps in the first month. I'm not sure though, I'm just trying to remember when it was that the Year 10s had mocks at the start of this last year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

I don't think it will be in the first two weeks, but perhaps in the first month. I'm not sure though, I'm just trying to remember when it was that the Year 10s had mocks at the start of this last year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'd definitely suggest relax then, be stress free, enjoy your summer while you caan before having to think about exams I'm you'll have enough time to prepare for those exams without having to revise in the holiday and it seems like you'll do well with that motivation to revise

ReputationRep:
    I'd definitely suggest relax then, be stress free, enjoy your summer while you caan before having to think about exams I'm you'll have enough time to prepare for those exams without having to revise in the holiday and it seems like you'll do well with that motivation to revise
    Okay! Thanks a bunch.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Revise, eat and sleep is all you should be doing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilzo999)
    Revise, eat and sleep is all you should be doing.
    How much revision, though?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

Okay! Thanks a bunch.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No problem. If you ever need help just ask I'm a study helper for GCSEs so I'll be happy to help

ReputationRep:
    No problem. If you ever need help just ask I'm a study helper for GCSEs so I'll be happy to help
    Thanks, I will do!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.