The Student Room Group

Soon-To-Be Year 10s: What GCSEs are you going to be doing?

Hi! :smile:

Just out of interest, what GCSEs have you chosen? I assume you will all be doing English and Maths. Are you all doing Triple Science too?

Personally, I'm doing: Maths, Statistics, English, Triple Science, French, Spanish, Food, Geography, Religion and some more.

I've completed the ITQ - my class was the first in the whole country to do this ITQ. It's equivalent to an ICT GCSE. I got an A, which I'm fairly happy with! Obviously I would have preferred an A*, but an A is great too.

Thanks! I look forward to seeing your replies. :hello:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sophie !

Just out of interest, what GCSEs have you chosen? I assume you will all be doing English and Maths. Are you all doing Triple Science too?

Personally, I'm doing: Maths, Statistics, English, Triple Science, French, Spanish, Food, Geography, Religion and some more.

I've completed the ITQ - my class was the first in the whole country to do this ITQ. It's equivalent to an ICT GCSE. I got an A, which I'm fairly happy with! Obviously I would have preferred an A*, but an A is great too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello again :wavey: You can find other soon to be year 10 students here if you don't get any responses and chat with them too, it'd be nice to get another year 9 student there (there aren't very many regular ones) so don't be shy :tongue:
Reply 2
BUMP! (You don't have to be a Year 10 to reply to this thread, by the way. :smile:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Black Rose
Hello again :wavey: You can find other soon to be year 10 students here if you don't get any responses and chat with them too, it'd be nice to get another year 9 student there (there aren't very many regular ones) so don't be shy :tongue:

Thank you! Hehe. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maths
Further maths
English lit & lang
Triple science
Drama
Music
French
History

And I think we're doing the ITQ as well :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sophie !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi! Have you seek our other thread as well? I can quote some people in here later today!

I'm taking, along with my compulsory subjects-

Geography
German
RS
Textiles
Language Leaders :smile:

Hopefully I'll get to do Ad Maths as well!
Original post by meemily
Maths
Further maths
English lit & lang
Triple science
Drama
Music
French
History

And I think we're doing the ITQ as well :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hola! Long time no speak! :tongue:
We were discuss what to call our new thread. Vanilla Cupcake thinks we should keep the 'snazzy' bit :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mr...
Fancy seeing you two here. I think the more important question is, who should start it? Oh yes the "snazzy" should stay with us :d

I am tacking

Math
English Lang and Lit
Triple Science
Geography
History
French
Additional Math
Statistics
RS
We started our B1 last week so that was exciting!

Ja

Your 'tacking'??? With board pins? :0
Sorry... :wink:

*raises hand* Could I, hehe? :colondollar:
I was thinking of us making a thread to get all the Year 9s on this site to tell them about the Year 10 one. There are actually loads of us!
E.g. "Psst calling all Year 9s..." or something weird like that!

Edit: GCSE Science is so good! We've done some sections in P1, C1 & B1 :awesome:
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mr...
Typo. :embarrassed:
Are you up for the colossal responsibility that is creating a thread?

It's a good idea, we should make it at the start of summer. We Finnish on the 22nd :jive:

I really hope they make the TSR up more ios8 looking by September because it isn't very flattering

Jajajajaaa, I think? You make it sound like I've signed up for a death wish! Also how do you do the post counting thing? :0
Yeah we can do that. When I finally go on my laptop I'm going to quote the Year 9s we've spoken too... That will take forever... :tongue:

Only this week to go-18th peeps! :jive:

Yeah I have it on my iPod (iso7), too scared to update to 8. The android version isn't much better anway.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Maths
English Lang+Lit
Triple Science
RS
Additional Maths in year 11
Economics
Computing
French
History

Yeah :yep:
I think I'll enjoy them all, apart from English and RS (which happen to be compulsory).
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr...
Jajajaja?
I just count it. Too much free time haha. I remember recruiting for the year 9 thread it was fun. If you need any help just pm me!

Why are you scared to update?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ja (pronounced 'ya') = yes in German :biggrin:

Count? Geez man :0 I can't do that, on the Year 11 one they have some posters with 1,000+ I'm sure Vionar doesn't count them... or does he? Eek! I'll ask a mod or someone, ouch I can't do that *faints*
Kk thanks :smile:

In case it crashes or something stupid. Also, I quite like the 7... I don't know why. Hmm... I guess the setting button will have to suffer for now (it has one notification for the update!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr...
It only takes me 10 minutes to do it, but their will be a significant increase next year so do ask a mod.
That notification is for a minor 7.1 update.

:yep:
I can't look at it now, I can't find my iPod! I fell asleep yesterday when I was doing homework. Then I woke and put everything on my chair, brushed my teeth and went back to sleep. It's not on ma chair anymore... Grr!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr...
I lost my glasses last night too. Maybe a sibling took it.

Ouch! I hate when that happens... and the worry when you're on trips.
I hope not, they wouldn't/shouldn't they have their own stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr...
Losing things on trips are the worst.
I meant maybe they picked it up for you.

Ah, hopefully! I'll ask :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr...
Fancy seeing you two here. I think the more important question is, who should start it? Oh yes the "snazzy" should stay with us :d

I am tacking

Math
English Lang and Lit
Triple Science
Geography
History
French
Additional Math
Statistics
RS
We started our B1 last week so that was exciting!

You should start it, you know, for old times sake :biggrin:

And the snazzy MUST stay!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by meemily
You should start it, you know, for old times sake :biggrin:

And the snazzy MUST stay!

Posted from TSR Mobile

There is a Year 7 thread! :eek:
They took our "brand, spanking new" :colonhash:

Edit: Ah dw, I think it was a troll now

Original post by Mr...
Karmacrunch wants to do it too

Joint? I don't mind :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mr...
WOAH I need to see it.

How would that work?

Yeah, I think he was a troll. But then I don't know, unless 11 year old have suddenly become 'rude'...

I don't know but like doing competitions managing what we're doing on the thread and stuff like that would be difficult. Who'd be OP? :colondollar:

Compromise! *sprinkler dance*
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr...
Maybe the OP could be the person who comes up with the best name, I love the managing part too. I thinks that it should be done by one person and you can do it if you want given that I did it this year.

Rep for the best name :colone:

I would like to... but I'll ask others too to make sure :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr...
I have a stellar idea, check the Year 9 thread in 5-10 minutes

:yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Heya!

Yep i'm pretty sure everyone is doing English and Maths, We don't know whether we're doing Triple or Double Science :frown: Although I really want to do Triple Science but apart from that i'm doing:

Maths
English Lit
English Lang
French
Economics
History
Media Studies
Core PE
Triple/Double Science

:smile:
Maths
Additional Maths